Oversize chips (1 Viewer)

TomatoGrass

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Saw the lodge using oversized chips for 1k and 5k. Are these 43mm or 47mm? Do you like or dislike using these in tandem with a standard 39mm chip?

B4F802E4-4033-472E-BDF2-99F8FEC76592.jpeg

Not sure on the Lodge's sizes. Almost looks like 36mm small denoms and 43 big denoms as the size difference looks substantial, but could be photo angle.

I don't mind big chips for big denoms but having two sizes plus plaques is a little much for me. I rather have one or the other but not both with smaller chips. Too much to manage lol

It looks cool, but it’s less spectacular in actual use. My opinion is that it’s better for cash game, where there’s less movement of chip stacks in general. In a tourney where you are constantly using different chips and many of them at once it gets a little cumbersome.

Plus it’s hard on chip shufflers, you have to pick one or the other.

A similar question came up recently. I use 43mm $20s and $5s along with 39mm $1s and .25s. Some players don’t love it because if you want to bet $12 and your fingers grab the two $5s first, they can’t smoothly grab the two $1s in a neat little stack, because of the size difference. But if you grab your small chips first, it works pretty smoothly.
Anyway, I like it.
And this may vary with hand size, but personally I like shuffling 43mm chips best out of all the sizes.

Landed some 50mm monsters with an EPT tribute set, gotta use both hands.

43mm is my love. 39 feel too small, my players complained.

So what do those look like to you guys, 43 or 47? I imagine 47 but I have no idea.

So what do those look like to you guys, 43 or 47? I imagine 47 but I have no idea.
I watched probably over 8 hours of lodge poker this weekend. I’m accustomed to playing with 39mms and 43mms at the same time. I assumed that’s what I was looking at, 39mms and 43mms. But I never really thought about it at all.

I watched probably over 8 hours of lodge poker this weekend. I’m accustomed to playing with 39mms and 43mms at the same time. I assumed that’s what I was looking at, 39mms and 43mms. But I never really thought about it at all.
Thanks! I’ve read 47s are unnaturally big and these didn’t look like it, just noticeable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom