Thoughts on this line? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
I think this is A-OK as I called V's jam with 91% equity and he sucked out.
Just interested in feedback.
ACR 10NL Blitz. No HUD or reads.

HJ RFI 2BB, Hero flats on BN with 55. BB calls. I dont think there is much debate here.

1681154379158.png

Hero flops a set and V cbets just under 1/2 pot. Hero raises to 10BB or 3x.
I think this is probably a mix in terms of calling or raising but with bottom set we unblock V's calling range of Ax/Jx.
It does look strong raising multi-way but this is another case where I'm deciding to fast play. I dont see BB's range connecting in a meaningful way.
If V calls he probably has Ax or Jx and we have a shot at winning more.

1681154427131.png

BB folds and V calls.

1681154606250.png

QT gets there on the river. But I dont think V is calling the raise with a gutter as the odds are poor.
I think it more likely that V has Ax or Jx and I bet 1/2 pot or 14BB.

1681154635971.png

V raises to 2x. Maybe a strong hand worried about the FD.
Hero thinks that there are 2x more combos of AJ (9) and AK (9) than KK/JJ/AA (total of 9).

1681154716363.png

So we click it back thinking a larger size might be too much and hoping V will jam his 2 pair.

1681154806672.png

And V jams his 2 pair. We call with 91% equity - feeling good.

1681154933645.png

And V hits his 4 outer and over-boats us! I figure I got it all in well ahead and variance struck - no reason to question my play?

1681154890012.png

Attachments

• 1681154863718.png
    1681154863718.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 38
Just a nasty cooler. Would have just flatted on the flop but otherwise it's hard to put someone on exactly Q 10 or top two.

In line the line. I wouldn't be super worried about QT as it's multiway which should lower how often they c-bet QT. If anything you are getting wrecked by JJ and rarely AA. But they can have so much AJ and AK, that I'm just getting it in on turn. I think your goofy turn 3 bet is still given stack sizes though. Just jam because any raise is committing anyway and nobody is folding AJ or AK here after raising turn anyway.

As others have said, the idea of the game is to get your opponents’ money in the pot when you are 90% to win, so well done.

As a strategy exercise I’m wondering if I would’ve played differently as HJ.
AJo is a pretty standard RFI and calls from BTN and BB should be wide.

I smash Flop. It also smashes my range. I discount AA & JJ from Villains’ range so I have nut advantage too. A C-bet is standard.

Raise from Villain on BTN is concerning, but he only beats us with 55s specifically. He might be bluff-raising with Axs, maybe QTs. I call.

On Turn, Hero checks in flow, Villain continues for 1/2 pot. QT gets there. AK now beats us too and might play this way, but I’d expect a 3! pre-. Still loosing to 55s, Ax hearts gets a FD for bluffs. Villain on a chop free rolling a flush draw would hurt. I think this is an easy call, but I’m not sure I raise. Maybe I would shovel money in?Maybe this is where the counter-factual differs from reality?

How would y’all play as HJ? Are you far enough ahead of BTNs range to get it all in on the turn?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom