Thoughts on Legends Bud Jones? (1 Viewer)

wmv678

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Saw some Bud Jones on Apache for sale and thought the color combos popped, but nervous about the vacuum effect for poker. I've got some samples on the way, but I was curious if anyone has tried shuffling or handing the chips. How's the overall feel, sound, and stackability?

never had any problem, really like the feel of them but I am a fan of BG chips

the club where i play has BJ and nobody complains (playground poker club) - although they went for cheaper manufacturer for their 1 and 5 chips now (and I am probably the only one noticing the difference)

I bought a stack of those when they were originally up for sale. They were minty and thus very suctiony and I would not want to play with them.
Disclaimer: I am a bud jones hater.

why would you buy a stack if you are a BJ hater ?
They were selling pretty cheaply on eBay at the time, the only other bud jones chips I’d handled were some used borgata chips, so I figured I’d give them a try, see if they handled any differently. But they were the same bud jones model chip, so they handed the same.
They’re just not my tastes at all - the slipperyness and the suction make them too difficult to handle, compared to clay. But some people love them.

Edit - actually, I’d handled some bud jones coin inlay chips from the chip vault, too, now that I think about it. I really wanted to like those because there’s something about them that’s uniquely cool. But no.

Last edited:
I dont like BJ chips. handle a barrel of BJs and a barrel of paulsons .

Usually the designs are boring as well IMO

I dont like BJ chips. handle a barrel of BJs and a barrel of paulsons .

Usually the designs are boring as well IMO
I agree completely. But I’m trying not to plastic-shame people who feel differently. Remember, that sunfly hybrid 43mm smal inlay chip only exists because it was commishioned by @Tommy when he was designing his Borgata tribute chips. Those particular sunflys have become universally praised game-changers, and they only exist because some guy loved Bud Jones.

The actual Borgota chips are an exception and actually pretty sweet.
borgota.jpg

Question of taste and personal history indeed. I would bet many europeans would take a set of bg before a set of paulson any day of the week but most north american would do exatly the opposite ;)

3530F22C-A436-4826-8BAE-73B1BA486D41.jpeg
We just used my Parker’s chips last week. I think they are kinda cool but I really prefer my Paulson and ASM chips over these. It ain’t even close when it comes to shuffling and that dang suction when trying to peel a chip off a stack. FWIW the brown chips are BJ roulette with a matte finish and they shuffle much better imo.

I have a couple sample sets of those as I was curious as well. Initially, I thought the suction was cool (different), but in practice, I've found it a little irritating...perhaps with more use they'll get better. They stack very well, but counting is a little weird given the sticking, and shuffling is more difficult. Just my experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom