This chip has been done already. (3 Viewers)

I am a fan of history. Like, actual history, not gaslit history.

That’s not how it works o_O

That being said, I have no frame of reference for this specific term, so I’m not sure how bad this actually is. If the majority of people get the reference you should be good, and in the end any people of Asian decent will ne your best benchmark.

Pretty chip tho!

in the end any people of Asian decent will ne your best benchmark.

This is everything. Those of us who could not be described or derided as this term must not try to weigh in on whether it is offensive or not. It isn't for the rest of us to decide or comment on, regardless of context.
From what I saw of it, it was a pretty nice design whose context could easily be misconstrued or cause a problem with the chip supplier and other PCFers. Easily tweaked. Just my 2 cents.

Is all of the controversy in here about the term oriental? Oriental doesn’t refer to people. It refers to things. Like an oriental rug. How can that be offensive?
Yeah, he self censored. He didn't like the criticisms he was getting - decided this place wasn't worth the stress and left. It's unfortunate for him and for us. But you know artists.
The volatile world of artists and the Oriental.

I’ll be taking private bets starting now on how long until we collectively delete this post or it moves to the politics forum.

We reserve the right to refuse service. Please see additional rules and details. If anyone @‘s Dix during the contest window, contest forfeits and everyone receives initial $bet back, -5% for administrative fees.

If David is on vacation, contest is also null and void. This will be determined by last login date. Those with standing bets can not be the impetus or blatant cause for the thread being moved, or they will forfeiture they’re interest and pay back the lost 5% to all bettors.

I do not consider the terms Oriental or Occidental to be pejorative. One denotes something from the East while the other denotes something from the West. What's the problem? There's no value judgment in there.

I do not consider the terms Oriental or Occidental to be pejorative. One denotes something from the East while the other denotes something from the West. What's the problem? There's no value judgment in there.
The words themselves are not problematic, so yes, it’s fine in this context, but when used to describe a person, it’s a different story, but since it isn’t describing a person here, again, it’s fine.

Quick question. Can a user delete his profile? Just curious when you can’t find someone’s profile anymore, is there a delete option or is it ban only?

Or is there a third request for delete and then admin/mods delete?

Quick question. Can a user delete his profile? Just curious when you can’t find someone’s profile anymore, is there a delete option or is it ban only?

We don't delete profiles even upon request.

You could probably just ask Tommy, he’s very helpful with that kind of thing.

Edit: Nevermind. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

"Hey could you not use that word please. It hurts my feelings?"
"No problem bro, I don't say c*** at work and don't curse in front of my grandma, do I can this really little thing for you."

If set to private you can still search their name and see everything you would have otherwise. The privacy feature really doesn’t do much besides make someone click a button or two more to view it all. It does piss off paranoid assholes though.

Yeah sorry, I know all that. I meant that OP account reads as below. And I thought that was for banned folks only.

But then I thought since dude was erasing all his content and I didn’t see anything egregious, maybe he deleted his account. Hence the original question of can you delete?

Oops! We ran into some problems.
This user's profile is not available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom