Things you didn't expect to learn when you started chipping (2 Viewers)

That id be able to increase my initial budget of $0.30/chip, to $25/chip inside of 1 month.

That I would take some of those chips, and learn to do this...
IMG_20191221_142259.jpg
IMG_20191221_142307.jpg
IMG_20200105_174122.jpg

That there was a forum not for poker, but for poker chips.
But there is much much more to the site! Have fun discovering all it has to offer. You can start with the sweet pr0n of tables, games, and of course, the chips. Custom sets. Etc. It's UNREAL!

Then you can slide over the Off-topic thread and well, go Off-topic for a bit. You'll find all kinds of witty banter.

Then you'll be ready to soak up poker game knowledge in the Tournaments & Home Games section. AMAZING threads in there. I find myself reading through that section all the time. There are amazing members on this site who will openly help and answer questions. Really helpful, especially if you happen to be a new host. I was when I first joined.

Then head on over to Custom Poker Chips or Poker Chip maintenance and get a guided tour to many other facets of the chip hobby!

That's all without even talking about The Classifieds!!!!

Welcome and good luck!!!

Ugh, here's something I learned about myself.

That when a hurricane knocks your power out for 5 days, and the local cell towers aren't working, that I'll wake up at 6am to drive 20 minutes just so I can pull over on the side of the road next to a working cell tower to get my PCF fix.

... Also learned that my wife and kids accept this as the new normal and that they have agreed to support my transformation to the dark (chipping) side.

What've I learnt? That I'm good at keeping things vague when telling the good wife what I've been up to during the day. My wallet isn't too appreciative though!

I joined up to look at options for a micro cash set, perhaps some nice ceramics to accompany my EPT set. Which turned to maybe some custom ceramics. Then maybe some used Clay. Then used Paulsons. And finally landed on minty Paulsons :bag:

my biggest shock was the community of people, and friends that have been made through the forum and have now extended to real life local friends!
Agree with this! This is a super friendly place.

Side story. Back in 2008 I was a member of a car club forum and attended a big weekend event. Attending as part of the same club (and having not met them before), were my now wife, and the best man at my wedding. Funny how things work out :)

WTF KINDA COCAINE ARE YOU DOING.....
The Giraffe kind most likely :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom