Things That Are Bullsh*t (12 Viewers)

Yeah, that's the upside. When I first got home I was like "oh fuck" and assumed the worst. Figured the coolant leaked out over the winter and worried it ran all day and destroyed the compressor. Now I'm hopeful that the mouse just damaged the capacitor when it shorted out the terminals. A sub $30 fix would be welcomed.

In the meantime we've avoided a totally hot house by sealing off the sunroom and running the ancient wood grain split AC unit that we've never had to run before. Working like a charm, it's a breezy 65 degrees in here. (y) :thumbsup:

View attachment 103592
Holy shit is that vintage 1974. That had to be the SHIT back in the day.

If you know where your local supply house is for parts I'll bet it's around $30. Take photos of the label on the capacitor with your phone and show it to them. I changed one out last summer ....15 minutes. Also take a photo of the top with your phone before removing so you know what color wire goes where.

Holy shit is that vintage 1974. That had to be the SHIT back in the day.

I'm sure it was! It's also a heat pump, but the previous owners put heated (water) ceramic floors in here, so never had to use it. Heated floors in the winter are totally not bullshit.

If you know where your local supply house is for parts I'll bet it's around $30. Take photos of the label on the capacitor with your phone and show it to them. I changed one out last summer ....15 minutes. Also take a photo of the top with your phone before removing so you know what color wire goes where.

I've replaced a capacitor in a similar unit about 10 years ago in a different house. Should be like riding a bike, but you definitely don't want to mixup the fan and compressor sides of the capacitor. Amazon actually has them for under $20, but I'd rather pay a few extra bucks to get it locally and have it fixed tomorrow.

I'm gonna go against the grain a bit with my own list.

- Most bicyclists (This one is not against the grain)
- People who call big re-raises with 3-4 off (out of position, BTW) and then hang around long enough to catch a straight on the turn
- Religion
- Alcohol
- Bad grammar
- People who don't use their damn turn signals
- Most politicians
- LeBron James haters
- Trolls in general
- People who don't understand the concept of a Google search
- Most regular people altogether, actually
- Peas
- Kylo Ren (What a wuss)
- Gypsies
- Red Sox and Yankees fans
- Frankie Muniz being the sole survivor in Stay Alive
- Artists like Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber winning Grammies
- Tool's next album STILL not having been released yet
- The Patriots winning the Super Bowl
- The Cubs winning the World Series
- Literally almost everything Trump says
- Jesus not coming back during the Presidential debates
- Ketchup
- All martial arts except Ameri-Do-Te

Express check-out lanes that are slower than regular lanes
Person in front of you paying by check
Person in front of you wanting to have lengthy conversation with the cashier
The bagger at your register immediately leaving as soon as it's your turn
Price checks (it's $1.96 just f'ing ring it up!)
Cashiers who have to comment on your purchase (yes I know these cupcakes are delicious that's why I bought them!!)

- People who have no patience in the line at the grocery store. ;)

Last edited:

- People who call big re-raises with 3-4 off (out of position, BTW) and then hang around long enough to catch a straight on the turn
- Religion
- Alcohol
- Bad grammar
- Most politicians
- LeBron James haters
- Trolls in general
- Peas
- Kylo Ren (What a wuss)
- Gypsies
- Ketchup

So, you hate everything.... ???

- Religion
- Alcohol
- Bad grammar
- Most politicians
- LeBron James haters
- Trolls in general
- Peas
- Kylo Ren (What a wuss)
- Gypsies
- Ketchup

Who the fuck is Kylo Ren? (Just kidding, I could google it)

And I like the grammar one to, your right, its annoying, its like everybody has a Google write on they're keyboard's and no one use's it.

;)

But yeah, bicyclist..... For real. I'm jaded though, I feel like I live in the passive aggressive bicyclist capital of the fucking world.

Good list. Carry on.

All politicians aside from Lord Buckethead

DB2Se15XUAURJDI.jpg:large

DB2KZNjXkAYVwdg.jpg

lord-buckethead-twitter.jpg

His manifesto was pretty tasty. Can't believe he didn't get in.

More on Lord Buckethead

When people take shits and don't wash their hands. I mean wtf.

This just happened. I was in the middle of dueling dueces at work when the guy next to me starts cleaning up. He takes care of business, flushes and then proceeds to walk right out of the bathroom and back to work.

Now I need to walk around the cube farm staring at people's shoes to figure out who the dirty bastard is contaminating the rest of the office. I'm pretty bullshit right now at this mother f'er.

Last edited:

This just happened. I was in the middle of dueling dueces at work when the guy next to me starts cleaning up. He takes care of business, flushes and then proceeds to wak right out of the bathroom and back to work.

Now I need to walk around the cube farm staring at people's shoes to figure out who the dirty bastard is contaminating the rest of the office. I'm pretty bullshit right now mother f'er.
Just look for the guy who looks like his "S#|t don't stink". Or look for the hands with fingers that look like he has been smoking unfiltered cigarettes for the last 20 years.

Reactions: 72o

This just happened. I was in the middle of dueling dueces at work when the guy next to me starts cleaning up. He takes care of business, flushes and then proceeds to walk right out of the bathroom and back to work.

Now I need to walk around the cube farm staring at people's shoes to figure out who the dirty bastard is contaminating the rest of the office. I'm pretty bullshit right now at this mother f'er.

You need to fight fire with fire.

Grotesque insta-flippers that have managed to fuck up the equivalent of a chipper's wet dream (i.e., epic TCR sales). RIP.

flippers_stilettos.jpg

flippers.jpg

having to wait 5 more years (at least) to watch the U.S. in a World Cup

At least Panama's win that eliminated us was legit...

qxwxa5jn5lk7egw4unpj.gif

"A nightmare World Cup cycle for the USMNT came to an end tonight, as a 2-1 U.S. loss to Trinidad and Tobago, coupled with wins by Panama and Honduras, eliminated the Americans from the competition.

While the U.S. did themselves no favors with an atrocious performance in Trinidad, their fate was decided by a referee in Panama City. Panama’s 2-1 win over Costa Rica came in part from a phantom equalizer, credited to Gabriel Torres, that never actually crossed the line."

https://deadspin.com/u-s-a-out-of-world-cup-on-phantom-goal-1819343176

At least Panama's win that eliminated us was legit...

qxwxa5jn5lk7egw4unpj.gif

"A nightmare World Cup cycle for the USMNT came to an end tonight, as a 2-1 U.S. loss to Trinidad and Tobago, coupled with wins by Panama and Honduras, eliminated the Americans from the competition.

While the U.S. did themselves no favors with an atrocious performance in Trinidad, their fate was decided by a referee in Panama City. Panama’s 2-1 win over Costa Rica came in part from a phantom equalizer, credited to Gabriel Torres, that never actually crossed the line."

https://deadspin.com/u-s-a-out-of-world-cup-on-phantom-goal-1819343176

It was a perfect storm of bad luck and bad play that took us out (T&T's two goals being a worldie and an own goal, and Honduras' second goal bouncing off the crossbar/keeper and in) but we never should have even put ourselves in this situation. We knew Mexico and Costa Rica wouldn't do us any favors. If we get even1 point at home from Mexico/Costa Rica earlier in the hex this is avoided.

Pulisic aside, there is a dearth of soccer talent in the U.S. at the national team level, and this needs to be addressed in a major way. It's long time since Gulati should have been fired. With the decrease in youths participating in football, there is a vacuum now that soccer can fill, and this World Cup would have been a great opportunity to influence a new generation to pick up a great sport. I'm worried this opportunity will now be lost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom