The Watch Thread (4 Viewers)

Anyone have a watch dealer they work with? Looking to sell a few watches and got insanely bad quotes from a local shop that I've bought from previously. Bad enough I probably never buy from them again.

Worse quotes than before? Watch resellers are never going to pay close to market for inventory. I would guess they’re offering 50-60% of “market” depending on the watch and value involved.

Worse quotes than before? Watch resellers are never going to pay close to market for inventory. I would guess they’re offering 50-60% of “market” depending on the watch and value involved.
Yeah, I went in expecting this. Instead was offered 30 cents on the dollar in trade credit and even less in cash.

Which version is this? Looks like Red? I was one of the unlucky/lucky that missed out on all 3 lotteries so am now waiting on the lucky Green! So pumped.
Of the 3 versions I went with red. Blue would have been better but I don’t like the white strap. I bought it brand new on secondary. Wish it ran heavier. Only 85g.

My wrist — just not my watch, sadly.

IMG_20240109_092431.jpg

I won’t clog up the thread with a long post, but I’m looking to sell my Tissot T-Classic Titanium if anyone is interested! Automatic watch with titanium case/band that is light on the wrist. Normal amount of scuffs from regular use but nothing significant. Crystal is perfect. Have all the original extra links, tag, warranty booklet, and bag. $250 shipped!

IMG_7062.jpeg

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7064.jpeg

IMG_7068.jpeg

Credit where credit is due. Tina certainly doesn’t do a bad job.

View attachment 1260256
View attachment 1260257
View attachment 1260259

The authentic Breguet is 50% heavier. This science experiment certainly leaves me unwilling to deal with any mainstream stainless watch in the gray market in the future. Everyone take care.
I had an omega Aqua Terra fake bond edition in my hands once and I still wasn't convinced it was fake even after being told. Even the movement looks right, and it got through a watchmaker initially. Scary stuff.

I had an omega Aqua Terra fake bond edition in my hands once and I still wasn't convinced it was fake even after being told. Even the movement looks right, and it got through a watchmaker initially. Scary stuff.
I didn’t realize such effort was put into faking watches like an Aqua Terra or less commonly seen watches. You wouldn’t think the “juice is worth the squeeze”. I always assumed the famous Rolex models along with AP and Patek Philippe were the main targets….but mostly Rolex. Very scary.

Geektime.watch

Take a look for yourself and see all they reproduce. Will be obvious what the majority of their sales are.

I did some googling but thought I would check here also. Had a family member recently pass away and their watch found it's way to me.

Does anyone know much about this watch? Resources to find out more about it? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

What I have found is that it was made in 1970, has been stored without a battery (so hopeful it might still be functional), and that modern batteries may or may not cause it to break if used.

IMG_20240212_162023183.jpg

Geektime.watch

Take a look for yourself and see all they reproduce. Will be obvious what the majority of their sales are.
Reps are so insane nowadays. I bought a Black Bay to compare to a gen and the only way I could tell was by feeling the quality of the bracelet and by winding the movement. Other than that they looked almost identical.

Reps are so insane nowadays. I bought a Black Bay to compare to a gen and the only way I could tell was by feeling the quality of the bracelet and by winding the movement. Other than that they looked almost identical.
Agree that good reps are indistinguishable. You need the real thing side by side to have any real chance.

But my real take away isn’t how good the reps are. It’s how overpriced the real thing is. Rolex is just as mass produced as Faulex. Let’s face it no one is buying watches to tell the time anymore. A good rep should challenge anyone to question how much more the real deal is worth to them and whether or not they should buy one.

Agree that good reps are indistinguishable. You need the real thing side by side to have any real chance.

But my real take away isn’t how good the reps are. It’s how overpriced the real thing is. Rolex is just as mass produced as Faulex. Let’s face it no one is buying watches to tell the time anymore. A good rep should challenge anyone to question how much more the real deal is worth to them and whether or not they should buy one.

similar to Tinas nowadays

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom