The Watch Thread (9 Viewers)

i mean they're replicas...and they still function
106148.jpg

This is my exact feeling on replicas. No matter how good they may be, I’d know inside that they’re not the real thing and therefore they just wouldn’t spark any joy.
The key is to own both. One cake for having. One for owning. I’m trying to decide what I want to order in addition to a blue Patrimony next round. And to see what heavier options they have…

The key is to own both. One cake for having. One for owning. I’m trying to decide what I want to order in addition to a blue Patrimony next round. And to see what heavier options they have…
I’ll admit, I considered ordering a Milgauss rep just to compare it to the real thing.

I own Tina Vineyards and Paulson Vineyards. I will use both. But never together

IMG_4348.jpg
IMG_6625.jpeg

I’ll admit, I considered ordering a Milgauss rep just to compare it to the real thing.
I bought a Black Bay rep just to make sure I didn't get screwed over when I bought mine on the secondary market, lol. It was kinda nice to have a watch that I didn't feel too bad about beating up.

Agree that good reps are indistinguishable. You need the real thing side by side to have any real chance.

But my real take away isn’t how good the reps are. It’s how overpriced the real thing is. Rolex is just as mass produced as Faulex.
Not really....there is still a huuuuuuuuuuge difference between the real thing and fauxlex.
They do everything in house from raw materials and their production processes are insane and very expensive.
But that is not the real reason...+100 milo in advertising....that's where most of the money goes

Not really....there is still a huuuuuuuuuuge difference between the real thing and fauxlex.
They do everything in house from raw materials and their production processes are insane and very expensive.
But that is not the real reason...+100 milo in advertising....that's where most of the money goes
I disagree on the gap between Rolex and Faulex. But I never held Rolex in much esteem to begin with. I’m not even considering a replica Rolex for myself lol.

I’m not into replica anything unless it is a “thing” that is old, out of production, or extremely hard to get…something that anyone seeing it would expect it to be a replica.

I don’t own Tina replica chips but I don’t see this as analogous to watches. The poker chip world is incredibly tiny and any enthusiast that would even know what the real thing was to want to buy it would also know what a fake looked like.

Fake watches are produced to deceive. Rolex is the most known brand so it’s also the most well faked. Some are so good they can fool most watch enthusiasts (which outnumber chip collectors by probably 100000-1). I own a few Swiss watches but no Rolex yet. Even with the prices coming down on the secondary I won’t buy one because of the fakes. It here is exactly one model I’m interested in (an Explorer 1) and I’ll wait until I can get one from an AD because of the fakes.

Last edited:
Better odds for me!
I entered the lottery because I will probably always enter their lotteries but I'm not 100% if I would purchase or not. I really wish I would have my Lucky Clover in hand before the drawing but thats not happening.

I entered the lottery because I will probably always enter their lotteries but I'm not 100% if I would purchase or not. I really wish I would have my Lucky Clover in hand before the drawing but thats not happening.
Come to WAB next week and you can try it on. The strap is oddly short and it’s not particularly heavy for a 48mm watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom