The Watch Thread (2 Viewers)

I love orange chips so obviously I needed an orange watch.

15558597198411977768027067718447.jpg

15558597537515242220862801544190.jpg

My girlfriend haunts thrift stores, yard sales, flea markets and consignment shops constantly, and has a great eye for deals. The most recent was this Belair watch, made for Siebke & Hoyt, which she bought dirt cheap at one such venue... Self-winding, and it started right back up after about 30 seconds of shaking. Made for men, but she’s keeping it for herself. :^(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Me...Movement-Automatic-25-Jewels-SS-/302822285433

belair-733.png

You've got to be shitting me lol. Just casually busting out the nautilus. That's epic

Wow I had to google that one. OMG most casual epic watch photo ever. LOL. Didn’t realize watch prices can get that crazy.

I just got this Breitling Colt Automatic as a 10 year gift from my employer, but I don’t really see myself ever wearing it. I’ve got a Citizen Eco that I like enough and an Apple Watch I wear everyday. Anyone have a recommendation of best place to sell it?

7C0B2B5F-6E8A-4B9B-A100-DDEB47E1E0CC.jpeg

I just got this Breitling Colt Automatic as a 10 year gift from my employer, but I don’t really see myself ever wearing it. I’ve got a Citizen Eco that I like enough and an Apple Watch I wear everyday. Anyone have a recommendation of best place to sell it?

View attachment 311568

That is a sweet gift! I've been with my current employer almost 25 years and never got anything even remotely that nice. You must be sleeping with the boss. :p :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ;)

That is a sweet gift! I've been with my current employer almost 25 years and never got anything even remotely that nice. You must be sleeping with the boss. :p :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ;)

Well they gave out maybe 35 of them this year, so perhaps they get a deal when buying in bulk!

Just picked this up, haven’t been huge on an Dan Henry’s before this, and still don’t know how I feel about a Meca-quartz movement, but I couldn’t pass up the iconic Panda for $30k less than the Universal Genève Nina Rindt that inspired it. I think I really like it.
8D81AAD5-4BDA-4EB5-905C-2248F02E3B6F.jpeg

View attachment 311568
Breitling Source Forum. They have a buy/sell there. Everything you would ever want to know about Breitlings.

Didn't think id ever be buying another high-end watch again with a baby on the way. But I had a moment of weakness and figured I could sell some chips to fund the purchase.

As a result I ended up buying this yesterday, for my wife :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: rather than myself. So here I am with one less chipset, and a whole bunch of other chips I need to sell, and I don't even have my own watch to show for it lol. The things we do for love.
IMG_20190829_211514.jpg

Didn't think id ever be buying another high-end watch again with a baby on the way. But I had a moment of weakness and figured I could sell some chips to fund the purchase.

As a result I ended up buying this yesterday, for my wife :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: rather than myself. So here I am with one less chipset, and a whole bunch of other chips I need to sell, and I don't even have my own watch to show for it lol. The things we do for love.
View attachment 330567

Nice one. Happy wife happy life.

Been browsing watches for a few weeks and finally pulled the trigger on a Grand Seiko. Really cool watchmaker with incredible attention to detail on their dials. As far as price/quality goes, they definitely offer a great bang for your buck. This watch in particular spoke to me because it has a lot of versatility and the blue dial with gold seconds hand is absolutely mesmerizing. Pictures don’t do it justice as the dial takes on a different look depending on how the light hits it.

433D508E-8472-43A5-97EB-6EF0566DF618.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom