The road trip from hell (2 Viewers)

OK part 2

The best part (and the only real reason to post this) is what I discovered when seeking help from any human who would grant me an audience. All the misdirection thrown at us on the Saudi side was thwarted by grit and intelligence gathered from others in our shoes. We beat the odds. Six cats were boarded, we were pushing back from the gate and after 14 hours would be "home."

When the Dulles option became a reality, I sent a few PCF messages pleading for help in Virginia. After that long haul we needed some help to get rolling right away. No pet service available. No checking into hotels with 6 semi feral cats. 25 hour drive to Aspen Park was the only option. Fun!

Almost immediately after sending the SOS, I read replies from @Lil Tuna @FordPickup92 and @Ben0586 . I had met them a few months earlier in social media. All 3 offered help and I really thought we had a shot to pull this off. We needed help loading these guys and pet supplies for a non stop smokey and the bandit run.

We met Ben, Brie, and Matt at Dulles and split to car rental and cargo. We Loaded up a litter box and supplies brought by our saviors. It was a short meeting but we will see each other again soon. I can't thank them enough. Truly great people to know. I'll be in their debt forever.

We pulled away from the airport and discussed how surreal everything had been so far. I thought the hardest part was over...but I never did a road trip with 6 cats that were just a bit unhappy before. We were 30 hours into the trip, just about halfway.

I wasn't prepared for the cat turf battle...

We had to pull over 3 times before even getting to Leesburg to try and chill these terrified kitties. They all wanted the floorboard space next to brake pedal ...and the wife was having none of that. Great, now six angry cats plus wife...things were escalating. The cats were relentless and the alpha took his spot next to my legs. The rest would fight on and off for the next 25 hours trying to get their spot. Wife would remove excess cats from my lap, claws would penetrate. I was the pin cushion. We stopped outside Indianapolis for 1 hour but otherwise kept rolling the whole time. 5 gas stops, 1 food, 1 rest area, 3 cat discipline stops, 1800 miles after a 14 hour flight and complete missed night of sleep. It was a fun 56 hours.

...and I could NOT be happier.

Thanks again for the help in Dulles Ben Brie Matt

Energy drinks FTW
SOOOOOOO GLAD this had a happy ending!!
And I'm not one bit surprised by the generosity of @Lil Tuna , @Ben8257 and @FordPickup92. I've know Matt for a few years and have come to know Ben and Brie over the past few months. They are AMAZING peeps!! They would go out of their way to do anything for anybody in need. :tup:

I'm just a little surprised that they didn't bring you a shot of fireball to help you with your road trip!! :)

CONGRATS on getting back!!

Happy to hear everything worked out well for you and the cats. Awesome to hear of the support from other members too!

Sounds like it was a bit of a scary drive home. Any particular reason not to crate the cats for the car ride as well?

Happy to hear everything worked out well for you and the cats. Awesome to hear of the support from other members too!

Sounds like it was a bit of a scary drive home. Any particular reason not to crate the cats for the car ride as well?
No room plus we could not do it to them. 30 hours was enough.

We stopped outside Indianapolis for 1 hour but otherwise kept rolling the whole time. 5 gas stops, 1 food, 1 rest area, 3 cat discipline stops, 1800 miles after a 14 hour flight and complete missed night of sleep. It was a fun 56 hours.

I'm intrigued about the Cat discipline stops.

Cats need regular discipline
article-2576846-1C25324F00000578-82_634x420.jpg

:D

No recognition needed. Absolutely happy to help!! Just happy to help a friend and fellow chipper get back on their native soil!! Can't even imagine being stuck in a country with no option of getting out for months! Truly happy you got home to your family Mike!! Its all just a crazy bad memory now brother! Looking forward to seeing you and your wife again some day but hopefully across a poker table! Know that you always have a place to stay in Maryland and if you ever are in need of assistance again we are just a phone call away!

Always your friend and chippin buddy Ben!!

No recognition needed. Absolutely happy to help!! Just happy to help a friend and fellow chipper get back on their native soil!! Can't even imagine being stuck in a country with no option of getting out for months! Truly happy you got home to your family Mike!! Its all just a crazy bad memory now brother! Looking forward to seeing you and your wife again some day but hopefully across a poker table! Know that you always have a place to stay in Maryland and if you ever are in need of assistance again we are just a phone call away!

Always your friend and chippin buddy Ben!!

Saved for next time someone complains that PCF is just a buncha selfish chip flippers and not what it used to be...

Saved for next time someone complains that PCF is just a buncha selfish chip flippers and not what it used to be...
They did it for the custom samples.

There were like 5 of us begging to pick them up and drive the cats across the entire country, we did a flip, and Ben won. I mean Lil Tuna did it cause he’s nice, but Ben and Brie were there for the Rosies...:p

You guys are all awesome. Wonderful news to have a happy ending Mike. I’m sure this is a PCF tale that’ll be told/remembered for some time.

Man we have soldiers out there risking their lives. Nurses and doctors that put them selves in harm's way all day every day to help total strangers! This has nothing to do with PCF... we absolutely love this community!! To be able to help a friend in need... that's more than enough for us!! Plus got to hang with our brother @Lil Tuna for an afternoon! Win win for everyone involved!! Thank you all for the kind remarks!

Absolutely no samples talk @BarrieJ3! Hoping to get to sit at the table with those some day, hopefully you're in the next seat and we can drool like little kids over them brother!! Lol

Man we have soldiers out there risking their lives. Nurses and doctors that put them selves in harm's way all day every day to help total strangers! This has nothing to do with PCF... we absolutely love this community!! To be able to help a friend in need... that's more than enough for us!! Plus got to hang with our brother @Lil Tuna for an afternoon! Win win for everyone involved!! Thank you all for the kind remarks!

Absolutely no samples talk @BarrieJ3! Hoping to get to sit at the table with those some day, hopefully you're in the next seat and we can drool like little kids over them brother!! Lol
I can’t believe the miles Lil Tuna can throw down like it’s nothing. Was it drive all the way there, turn around and head back, or did you guys rent to drive there and fly back?

I can’t believe the miles Lil Tuna can throw down like it’s nothing. Was it drive all the way there, turn around and head back, or did you guys rent to drive there and fly back?
Tuna lives just over an hour from dulles,we are about 90 minutes not a big deal to drive down and back... we even had terrible tacos for lunch waiting for the plane to land!! Lol

Tuna lives just over an hour from dulles,we are about 90 minutes not a big deal to drive down and back... we even had terrible tacos for lunch waiting for the plane to land!! Lol
I'm an idiot. I thought @Lil Tuna drove them all the way home so they could rest a little from the long trip :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure you would've if someone asked, so I just assumed you guys all drove together in a huge SUV

I'm an idiot. I thought @Lil Tuna drove them all the way home so they could rest a little from the long trip :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure you would've if someone asked, so I just assumed you guys all drove together in a huge SUV
That SUV was large but it was plum full of cats!!! Haha we just helped get them the SUV and all packed up for the long ride HOME!! We would have happily drove them if needed!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom