THE PRESTIGE GROUP BUY (GB COMPLETE) (11 Viewers)

Good idea, I thought of that but decided against it.
Big Moose Brewery.
Long story behind the name.
I didn't think it would fit or work.

Good idea, I thought of that but decided against it.
Big Moose Brewery.
Long story behind the name.
I didn't think it would fit or work.

Ah ha! You could go with just Big Moose. Or BMB. Or BM Brewery (although that sounds kinda gross :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ). but I think my point is that you definitely should not go with stock wording because there are things that would make sense for you and that look good.

On a side note I think it's hilarious that you pick the exact same colors that I did and our avatar chips are also nearly identical.

@chutracheese The word ZYMURGY is fine. I like using that instead of PRESTIGE because everyone is getting the PRESTIGE chips. I'm into customization. It would be fine Turquoise or Blue. I used the Turquoise in my set for the Bounty and did use blue too.

What do you think rhe low end sell off cost is for a customized chip? Could you recoup the cost of a blank? Having a hard time committing ...

What do you think rhe low end sell off cost is for a customized chip? Could you recoup the cost of a blank? Having a hard time committing ...
If they have a Label I think you could sell your customized chips without issues because you can relabel them with Gear labels. People would know how much they cost and as long as the chips stay in great condition you should be able to get back the cost. The biggest issue you would face in reselling is if you have a horrible chip breakdown. Also I don’t think you can charge a premium with these.

Not interested in a premium, just cost recovery.

Re: breakdown, kinda feel like people like myself are super underrepresented in the usual sets floating around here, can't envision all these cash games (Using .25 or .50 Fracs) with these massive 800+ chip counts.

The 400 to a box is a bit of a stumbling block too. An extra 100 chips costs $60 but the shipping seems to add up to an extra $60 as well (Canada).

What do you think rhe low end sell off cost is for a customized chip? Could you recoup the cost of a blank?
Maybe. Depends on a lot of factors.

Of non-customized one-time group buy hybrids, the resale value depends on the actual design (demand) more so than the number of chips made (supply). Some past gb chips sell for up to 3x initial cost, others sell for about 90% of the gb cost. Non-standard or semi-customs understandably resell for less, typically. Size and mold design also matter and affect value.

Given that these specific chips will be available directly from Sun-Fly afterwards, there is no exclusitivity or 'missed-chance' factor working in favor of a high or robust resale market. Customization will usually make that worse, unless it is generic enough to have broad appeal.

I think it's reasonable to say that the most one could expect a semi-custom version to resell for would be less than what a blank chip will be priced at in the future by Sun-Fly, after taking all costs of both relative transactions into consideration (shipping, taxes, etc.).

I have no knowledge of Sun-Fly's projected pricing for Prestige chips, but most of their stock items online are priced about 50% higher than most base pricing offered to group buys with substantial order numbers.

TL;DR -- Worst case is probably about a 75% return of your cost, which is about the average return on regular ceramics. Hybrids have tended to do better than that over the past two or three years since their introduction.

Countdown is on, get your orders in!
I can second that - I received my chips today (direct shipping to Germany, that is the reason why these have already been shipped out)

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ads/the-prestige-gb-pr0n-thread-sunfly.57809/

I can provide stack pictures if anyone needs color combinations (or has thoughts about dirty stack issues)
sunfly_moritz_04.jpeg

Yes please, stack them up. Couldn't visualize how those Blades carried over to the side of the chips. This helps a bunch.

Those are the Salmon on the bottom?

Any and all to be honest, single stacks don't show much, and the prototype pics are hard to visualize the chips as they will appear in "real life".

Thanks. Those pics helps a bunch. Could you do Yellow beside Lemon, and Purple beside Lavender?

Unfortunately, the lighting is not to good (already evening here) - I will take better pictures tomorrow

red/blue/purple/lemon/turquoise/ fuchsia
View attachment 473319

salmon/yellow/green/black/lavender/beige
View attachment 473320

Wow, what great information for those who haven't ordered yet! Very helpful pictures; confirms my color choices (blue over turquoise and purple over lavender). Sadly, I might have preferred the Yellow over the Lemon. Could you also do a picture with Yellow/Lemon stacks next to blue?

Sure - both combos are hard to distingiush (I have included one each in cash/tourney set, so no problem)

View attachment 473323View attachment 473324

lemon/blue/yellow
View attachment 473325

Wow, again, thank you! Now off to place another order of 500 chips so that I don't have to stress over this decision anymore.

I think I went "safe" with my choices, but looking at those pictures, either lavender or yellow would have worked for me. Still 100% in the blue-over-turqoise camp for my $1s.

Wow, what great information for those who haven't ordered yet! Very helpful pictures; confirms my color choices (blue over turquoise and purple over lavender). Sadly, I might have preferred the Yellow over the Lemon. Could you also do a picture with Yellow/Lemon stacks next to blue?

Think Lemon might pair better with Salmon though, by the looks of it.

I chose purple over lavender for the cash set ... but both look great in-person. I like lemon better than yellow. For me, the turquoise was a must as the chip with the highest quantity (200), but also wanted to include the blue one (only 10 chips)

Moving this over here to not muck up the pron thread @doublequeen

If anyone needs stack pictures regarding dirty stack issues (or color combinations) for a decision before the GB ends, I would be happy to provide them!

If you wouldn't mind doing a quick stack side shot of this color lineup, I'd be much obliged:

1590528505270.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom