The Official Lake Elsinore & Sahara Dunes Showcase Thread (2 Viewers)

View attachment 1013784
I completely missed the boat on 25’s but I think these milled blazes will do the trick. Just need to get to the top of gears list.
Seems like another spotted option may be better. Could do a purple or black $20. I dont see a world where a solid chip works BUT if you like it then its perfect.

Seems like another spotted option may be better. Could do a purple or black $20. I dont see a world where a solid chip works BUT if you like it then its perfect.
yea i agree. my supply of slightly worn THC is non existent so these will do the trick for now. but spotted would be better. matter o'fact some real 25s would be better lol.

0AOCDU9.jpg

+1 I keep waiting for someone to make a $20 for these these sets.

Have been thinking about that too. Can’t see many options that would match the condition of the leaded/old school runs

Vintage room room $1 or Lucky Derby $5 for a chocolate $20 - could probably be shape-milled too as most of the stamps are gone

Aztar $100 is an option otherwise…but no idea if they have a recess for an overlabel

Can’t think of a single purple chips to use here though…

Have been thinking about that too. Can’t see many options that would match the condition of the leaded/old school runs

Vintage room room $1 or Lucky Derby $5 for a chocolate $20 - could probably be shape-milled too as most of the stamps are gone

Aztar $100 is an option otherwise…but no idea if they have a recess for an overlabel

Vintage $1 would be sick. Could also do Lucky Derby charcoal $20s

IMG_20221027_151655.jpg

Restamped vintage 1s

@Barberp I second this. As lovely as those blaze chips are, ya gotta have a spotted chip in that place. The PCF spot progression police CAN NOT allow you to use a solid there... :D

This was the first Chip Room sale since I'e been a member here, so I was excited to participate!

Some good news and some bad news:

- missed out on some of the chips I was most excited about (bad), thankfully we have an awesome classifieds section where some may pop up in the future (good!)
- these chips were impressively dirty! (bad) a great excuse for me to learn to get real good at cleaning chips (good!)
- after failing miserably hand cleaning a rack (bad), I had an excuse to join the ultrasonic club (good!)
- I panicked when everything started selling out so fast and spent way more than I was expecting (both good and bad??)

I had limited time when I was briefly home between traveling for projects so I hope to spend some more time trying to make these beautiful when I get home again in another couple weeks. Here are a couple before + afters so far but mine don't look nearly as good as some of the others who have shared photos in this thread!

IMG_7214.jpeg
IMG_7219.jpeg

IMG_7241.jpeg
IMG_7246.jpeg

cleaned + oiled on left, as shipped on right:
IMG_7303.jpeg

IMG_7304.jpeg
IMG_7307.jpeg
IMG_7273.jpeg

the real belle of the ball:
IMG_7285.jpeg

cleaned + oiled on left, as shipped on right:
IMG_7298.jpeg
IMG_7299.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom