The Official Formula 1 ( F1 ) discussion thread (3 Viewers)

davislane

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to be enough of us interested in F1 here on PCF, lets get the conversation going.

Which team or driver do you support?

Predictions for upcoming race / season or thoughts on a completed one.

Got a favourite historical driver? Just watched the lastest season of "Drive to Survive"?

Lets hear about it.

Last edited:
Historically been a big fan of Ferrari largely due to my Italian heritage. Always cheering on Australian drivers, so with Ricciardo out this season I guess Im behind Piastri this year.

Have people started watching S5 of DTS?

Im really hoping for a competitive season with more than just the top 2 teams at it. Been a long time since there has been a genuine fight with at least 3 teams or more.

Historically been a big fan of Ferrari largely due to my Italian heritage.
Same here.
Was really excited for last season after the first few races, lots of promise from Ferrari, but then it all went sideways!
Hopefully this year they start to address the strategy a little more. It'd be great to see more teams fighting for the top spot, I think Mclaren are on the come back too.

Cool idea @davislane! (Hope this doesn't become a DTS thread lol) Here's a cool video from the EVIL EMPIRE to get us started:

Not as cool as David Coulthard doing doughnuts on top of a skyscraper* but as someone who's tried barefoot water-skiing before...

Not a fan of F1 but, man... Las Vegas street circuit!!
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...x-circuits-layout.1xBOUUuDJDtqX4ukNvnHcK.html
I'm definitely going to watch that race although the circuit itself seems to me a little "boring"...
Yeah this track looks like the most boring I've seen in years or maybe even ever. Drove it on the simulator and was bored before completing the 1st lap. Oh well at least Miami turned out well!!

DependentBraveFanworms-max-1mb (1).gif

Last edited:
Can‘t wait for the new season to start. I’d say I’m a RB fan, generally speaking, but there are drivers I like and cheer for outside of them. Hoping to see a more competitive fight for the championship this year. Should be a competitive midpack too I think!

Will start on the new season of D2S tonight with the wife. Let’s Goooo.

vERpy5Sedit2.gif

(For the record this is supposed to be an animated gif that goes thru several liveries of Ferrari F1 bur for whatever reason isn't working)

Last edited:
Definitely considering going to Vegas F1 just for the people watching and card game action.

Grew up a huge open wheel race fan when CART separated from Indy. Never got into F1 bc the lack of passing but I’m very ignorant to the sport.

Jimmy Vasser
Paul Tracy
Gil DeFerran
Juan Montaya
Andrea Riberio
Parker Johnstone
Helio Castroneves
Alex Zanardi probably my favorite

Anyone know what’s in common with those former CART racers?

Last edited:
Jimmy Vasser
Paul Tracy
Gil DeFerran
Juan Montaya
Andrea Riberio
Parker Johnstone
Helio Castroneves
Alex Zanardi probably my favorite

Anyone know what’s in common with those former CART racers?
Well, Paul Tracy is an overrated skills asshole while Helio is highly competent and a genuinely nice guy, so it's neither of those two things....

Favorite F1 drivers over the past six decades: Clark, Stewart, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton. All masters of the craft.

Well, Paul Tracy is an overrated skills asshole while Helio is highly competent and a genuinely nice guy, so it's neither of those two things....

Favorite F1 drivers over the past six decades: Clark, Stewart, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton. All masters of the craft.
1gn351.jpg

Max shows potential too...his wet weather driving is way beyond the rest of the pack

Best tracks: Spa & Monza

Mindblowing stuff (listen with sound)

Last edited:

Correct! It’s not a list of good guys LOL

But they do all have something very in common!

Let's go Aston Martin!!! Will be interesting to see if they can leap frog some teams in the mid field this year.

Screenshot_20230224_112546.jpg

Screenshot_20230224_112152.jpg

I really hope Ferrari, Red Bull and Merc are close in power this year. And even better if Lando can get up to the front again.

I don't really have a team or driver. I just hope we get a variety of race winners and less 1 lap leads from 3-4th place.

Excellent list, close but not identical to mine. Surprise!

OK, old timer here. A few memories:

I've seen every F1 race from 1966 on, even delayed when I was in 'Nam from mid-'68 until mid-'70.. I attended every F1 race in Europe and the US (missing South Africa and Mexico) in '66, '67, and most of '68. Wanted to get to Kyalami, but couldn't swing it.

I lived a couple miles from Hockenheim racetrack during that period, and that's where I started my own very low level racing in a Renault sedan. The down side of that is that I was in the stands at Hockenheim in '68 when my favorite all-time driver, Jim Clark, was killed.

In 1992, I had the pleasure of flying Lauda Air from Madrid to Vienna with Niki himself in the co-pilot seat. The food and service were incredible! Real crystal and silver. Lauda didn't scrimp.

Favorite drivers: Clark, Graham Hill. Stewart, Phil Hill, Ickx, Gurney, Andretti, Lauda, Jacques Villeneuve, Damon Hill, Prost, Hakkinen, Vettel, Hamilton.

Favorite team: Lotus.

Favorite tracks: Zandvoort, Watkins Glen, Spa, Laguna Seca, Hockenheim Summit Point (my old home SCCA track).

Not much of a Mansell fan. Couldn't stand Senna as a person, so hard to fully appreciate his talent or root for him.

Horrible tracks: Hungaroring (terminally boring), Monza (absurdly dangerous back then), Nurburgring (a waste of time for amateur drivers, because it was impossible to memorize back then).

IMO, F1 was much better racing without refueling / pit stops, which led to tire changes, which led to the absolutely absurd requirement to use multiple different tires during a race.

Oh, and any city racing is a joke, even Monaco. Though I did enjoy myself driving my FF in two races on the streets of Baltimore a couple of decades ago ... managed to avoid the curbs, fortunately. :cool

Last edited:
Seems to be enough of us here interested in F1 here on PCF, lets get the conversation going.

Which team or driver do you support?

Predictions for upcoming race / season or thoughts on a completed one.

Got a favourite historical driver? Just watched the lastest season of "Drive to Survive"?

Lets hear about it.
I support max verstappen, because he is a fellow dutchie. But besides that he is a young talent and a great driver after all. Also curious what the other new dutch guy is gonna do his first f1 season. I think this will be another championship win for Verstappen. But I also want Norris to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom