The movie Rounders - Who are you and what's your favorite chip? (1 Viewer)

Which chip from the movie Rounders is your favorite?

• Teddy KGB $1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teddy KGB $5

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Teddy KGB $25

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Teddy KGB $100

Votes: 70 72.9%
  • Teddy KGB $500

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Chesterfield $1

• Chesterfield $5

• Chesterfield $25

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Chesterfield $100

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Chesterfield $500

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

RainmanTrail

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Two questions:

1) Which poker player type do you most closely identify with from the movie Rounders? Are you Mikey McD? Teddy KGB? The Worm? Knish? Zagosh? Petrovsky? Petra? Judge McKinnon?

2) Which chip from the movie is your favorite?

IMG_20190331_001157.jpg
IMG_20190331_001113.jpg

1) Petrovsky- because I’m clueless but I would absolutely be ok with someone who watches people’s faces when they check their cards out of habit behind me playing for me and making the big bet. Big bet is $20.

2) Favorite scene by far is worm playing with the two Russian gangsters in those fake Versace shirts and shit. Everything from the hand to the “perogies and snow” to the “I counted this” to the lean back look as Mike McD is pulling him out of the room is awesome.

Runner up is any scene with Edward Norton in it. He stole the movie to me, I think I like his part better than the sum of the whole movie. lol

Tell us you are not serious. I'll tell you, but you have to tell me you honestly don't know....
OF course I know. I"ve seen it once, on TV, many years ago. But honestly, other than Teddy, I couldnt put a name to any of the characters.

KGB $100.
I'm Worm, but without the "blinding chops"...just the clueless loser he pretends to be in the country club scene.

This is dead on by the way, I'm the sucker. The difference is, generally I know it.

HOWEVER, look at every other poker player in the movie. Main characters, extras, etc. Everyone except the judge's game (read everyone who cares about winning) is having an AWFUL time. It doesn't matter if they're up, down, or somewhere in the middle, they aren't happy.

Matter of fact, now that I've been to Vegas, that's my favorite part. Sit at a table with 7 people who all know eachother, locals, playing and drinking coffee or juice - silently, half with headphones on. 2 solid hours of adding some Barrie to the mix, and half the players are drinking and we're the loudest table in the room.

I’m probably the judge. I like to play for fun, don’t win very often, and my passion is in teaching.

Something about the KGB $500 does it for me. The $100 of course is the most iconic and my personal second favorite.

As for who I mostly align with, I would say Tourist #2 from the Taj scene pretty much nails it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom