The LEGO Thread (1 Viewer)

He's married with two kids, drives a KTM XBow and retired at 42. So I think #winningatlife is more appropriate...

I was kidding. Obviously I don’t know the guy but I saw that pic and the first thing I thought of was the movie “The 40 Year Old Virgin”. Good on him that he has an understanding partner!

Last edited:
My son and I have a bit of a problem
40927F46-8DD6-479C-8CC9-92C2A1A8BA19.jpeg
699D74E1-FEC0-47E4-B04B-EA3CA2FFD6A3.jpeg
FEE74D18-A0E6-455A-851F-E55CC8976FD2.jpeg

I’ve posted some images before... but I started using LEGO as my main source of medium for my personal artwork about 7 years ago!

I’ll post a few more here for y’all to see:
5C2F4A35-6264-437A-889F-60F16E95EA09.jpeg
F04FACD3-DE20-4A26-A34C-E9E666DC24DC.jpeg
B3F577A0-037B-490E-803D-2A14FFCA0907.jpeg

Always looking for new work and commissions too!

I can’t figure out how to draw a stick figure, let alone do some of things you guys can with these. Amazing. @rimmerryan, that starship trooper is unreal. Beautiful work.

I think I posted this here before...if you have any fondness for Vegas buy the cityscape. They are absolutely fantastic, and solve one of the main issues with Lego which is how cumbersome they are to display.

Yesterday I got the Dubai...I’m again floored at the designers creativity for the burj Al Arab, quite a feat to create the off angle, curved shapes in that small scale with existing system parts. It’s not finished, the Burj Khalifa still to do tonight or tomorrow

51B90C4E-0787-40F7-BAC8-3B8D84B73893.jpeg

I was kidding. Obviously I don’t know the guy but I saw that pic and the first thing I thought of was the movie “The 40 Year Old Virgin”. Good on him that he has an understanding partner!
If I'm honest, I'm a little jealous myself! He's living exactly the same way he did at college just with all the adult trappings of a wife, kids, car, house, etc. He was smart with some property investment and lucky with bitcoin.

I suppose it's worth mentioning that I was a huge Lego freak as a child - my parents used it as a motivation for me to do well in school (a small set for 3 stars, a big one for 10). I mostly had space stuff. I managed to get my son into it but he's now diverted to gaming mostly. Having said that, he's been using some technics sets to build automated button pushers to lazily play these idle clicker games so I guess they're still fulfilling their purpose of entertainment/innovation.

I only have one set myself left and that's a UCS B-wing which just sits on the shelf collecting dust. I was going to buy more Star Wars UCS stuff but ended up spending the money on something more usable (poker chips).

Very impressive, so many details. I always like seeing a ton of mini-figures staged as though the pause button has been hit for the scene, really adds life to a display like this!

Been stressed lately so I pulled out the Brick Bank that has been sitting in a box for a while to build. Been doing a little bit each week and finally finished. Next up Assembly Square or the Parisian Restaurant. Not sure which yet...

20200421_002334.jpg

You can see my son's been playing with the Disney Castle in the background. He's also spent a lot of time building since the quarantine started.

:hearts: Lego.

Been stressed lately so I pulled out the Brick Bank that has been sitting in a box for a while to build. Been doing a little bit each week and finally finished. Next up Assembly Square or the Parisian Restaurant. Not sure which yet...

View attachment 444245

You can see my son's been playing with the Disney Castle in the background. He's also spent a lot of time building since the quarantine started.

:hearts: Lego.
That's epic, looks great!

I’ve been playing around with LEGO during lockdown as well. Decided to take MC Escher’s Relativity:
C659BE7B-F56C-4432-8ED0-4D9A6A43E5C1.jpeg

And put a little Batman and Arkham Asylum into it. Here’s what I’ve got so far:
0FB4C49F-E840-4C66-8938-1610D7FBBFC4.jpeg

It’s got lights and a motor (that rotates the batsuit display in the middle) and I’ve still got a little work to do to hide the battery pack and motor. But definitely a fun build so far.

I have a large amount of sorted Lego for sale. US $1500 plus shipping. Many many many sets from the mid-late 2000s focusing on City themes, but lots more, with instruction books. PM for list of sets inside. Price is based on Bricklink.com used prices for complete sets with a big discount and a ton of freebies.

I love LEGO but don’t have kids or a bunch of space to display big pieces.

A couple smaller figures are part of my desk rotation; this is a 6-inch replica of the local light rail cars in my area.
017BBB2B-3F1C-4040-A6B1-246D14716424.jpeg

As a kid I loved Lego but never had enough. Now that I have kids I am making up for that. Not sure which bothers my wife more, a half ton of Lego or thousands of poker chips.

Been doing some spring cleaning, corona edition. Hope I'm soon ready to do some actual building as well!

View attachment 444283
View attachment 444284
HOLY CRAP... Pretty Jealous of this.
Not just the storage, but the inventory as well. That is a ton of base plates down there.

Did you build this all on your own? Or is this something that can be purchased?
Those plates all LEGO brand?
How much cheaper are pieces in Norway?

HOLY CRAP... Pretty Jealous of this.
Not just the storage, but the inventory as well. That is a ton of base plates down there.

Did you build this all on your own? Or is this something that can be purchased?
Those plates all LEGO brand?
How much cheaper are pieces in Norway?
All genuine LEGO. I'm a LEGO artist, been doing this for 10+ years. Pieces here have historically (and histerically) generally been more expensive than in the US.
As for the storage, not cheap either, mostly IKEA shelves to have flexibility (the ones on the photo below are old and not that good, you can see the warping due to weight, but perfect size for those small boxes; the ones on the photo above, incl. the drawers, are wonderful!). The storage boxes are another Swedish brand (SmartStore), also expensive but worth it.

All genuine LEGO. I'm a LEGO artist, been doing this for 10+ years. Pieces here have historically (and histerically) generally been more expensive than in the US.
As for the storage, not cheap either, mostly IKEA shelves to have flexibility (the ones on the photo below are old and not that good, you can see the warping due to weight, but perfect size for those small boxes; the ones on the photo above, incl. the drawers, are wonderful!). The storage boxes are another Swedish brand (SmartStore), also expensive but worth it.

Got any images of your work?
You on Insta?

Got any images of your work?
You on Insta?
Here's some of it. I've been chronically bad at updating the gallery :(, including insta. Also, a large part of it is work done for companies under NDA... The hotel I made, which was incidentally what got me into chipping ('cause it needed own chips!), was the first thing I had done for fun in a looong time :)

A bit off-topic here since it's not completely off-topic to the forum :)

So, a while ago I got a china birdcage, incl. 6 racks. When my semi-custom Tikis arrived a few days ago, I finally decided to put it in use. The chips fit snugly, so it was a perfect match. A few things I quickly noticed:
  • when closed, the bottom row of racks is partially hidden,
  • the bottom two racks were hard to grab and get out,
  • the only place to put extra stuff (cards, dealer buttons, plaques) was on top of the chips.
I thought that a much better solution would be to lift the racks instead, and use the space at the bottom instead - nicer and safer. Enter LEGO! Did some measurements, and it turns out that the internal dimensions of the birdcage should perfectly match LEGO dimensions. After an hour of adjustments and figuring out a way to hold the racks firm in place so that they do not slide around, I'm very pleased with the result!

(Sorry for the bad quality of photos... also, the top one is brightened on purpose in order to better show the black LEGO construction)

cage02.jpg

cage01.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom