The Lazy Boy of Poker Tables (1 Viewer)

readmelikeabook

Sitting Out
Reaction score
it aint the prettiest thing ive ever made but itll get the job done and then some. its the "lazy boy of poker tables"
poker table.JPG

Nice! I've been in the process of making a rectangle shaped table, did you have any trouble with the rail upholstery on the inside corners? I can't get the vinyl to completely cover the corner

Nice! I've been in the process of making a rectangle shaped table, did you have any trouble with the rail upholstery on the inside corners? I can't get the vinyl to completely cover the corner
haha yes. very much had trouble with this... for the life of me i couldn't think of a shape of cut on the vinyl that would cover the inside nicely. I ended up just doing a 45 degree cut into the corner that left a small triangle that was visible from the top side. to cover it up I just cut some little rectangles using the extra vinyl from the center and tucked them into the underside of the flaps before i stapled everything shut. its not perfect, but after screwing the railing to the table, the "gap" (with the vinyl coverings stuffed inside) is barely noticeable. my buddy didn't even see it till i pointed it out to him.

haha yes. very much had trouble with this... for the life of me i couldn't think of a shape of cut on the vinyl that would cover the inside nicely. I ended up just doing a 45 degree cut into the corner that left a small triangle that was visible from the top side. to cover it up I just cut some little rectangles using the extra vinyl from the center and tucked them into the underside of the flaps before i stapled everything shut. its not perfect, but after screwing the railing to the table, the "gap" (with the vinyl coverings stuffed inside) is barely noticeable. my buddy didn't even see it till i pointed it out to him.

Thanks for the tip. I was reading up on it and seems like you have to do some fancy sewing to get those corners right. But I don't have the patience to buy more vinyl and take the whole thing apart, I'm going to go with your method:tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom