The Jazz Club - 2019 (feedback wished) (1 Viewer)

@allforcharity

I think this little pianist will fit in !

View attachment 249380

You said little pianist. :)

Although if you need more denoms...

Latest version "6"
  • Remade the fedora hat of the pianist ^^
  • Made the black inlays a bit bigger
  • Made the notes background more white so the contrast with the background is better

I love the hybrid option for this design! Also, the microphone is my favorite one because of the details. It’s simple, yet powerful. Have you considered just using the instruments without the people - with the same continuity?

I prefer the lady singer with the mic stand instead of just the retro mic head, actually. How about a silhouette of just the lady's head (side) singing into a slightly smaller mic?

I prefer the lady singer with the mic stand instead of just the retro mic head, actually.
Me too ! And even if I like the mic a lot, all other chips have band member and not instruments in the inlay... Plus I never really liked the silhouette of the singer... so... I've remade it from another silhouette, adding an old mic and made the mic the NCV of the set - white base and no lines !

Lots of little changes for this v8
  • moved a little the notes in the inlay
  • changed the contrabass silhouette
  • changed the saxophone silhouette

Last edited:
First samples from the China factory.

Still have a lot of work to do:
  • fix the backgrounds with the notes for some of the chips, maybe I'll change it to white for all value and keep gray for the white one
  • small text below "The Jazz Club" is to be removed, and I will make the silhouettes bigger then
  • the color notes in the black inlay can be seen, will make them bigger or white - or both

Very nice !
My only concern is about the font size of « Gentlemen Card Room ». Too tiny in my opinion.
I like the idea of the notes outside the inlay.

My only concern is about the font size of « Gentlemen Card Room ». Too tiny in my opinion.
And you are right, the first samples have been made and it's an issue.
Not because of the font's size but because it's white on black background. Same issue with the notes in the inlay.
I'll have to redo all the inlay...

Wow impressive, there is so much artist on these threads ! I will never be able to create something that great with my hands !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom