The Icarus | Cash CPC Scrown 39mm Cali (2 Viewers)

Machine

Full House
Supporter
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Manufacturer: CPC
Mold: scrown
Label Design: p5woody

The story of Icarus is a story of oppression, the struggle to fly free ending in tragedy, like most of my poker sessions.

Icarus was the golden child of a hard-working craftsman, an architect. The Villian in this story, sitting across the table like most villains, was a horned monster, the Minotaur. The Minotaur was a beast of uncontrollable rage, always enforcing rule #1*. The King commissioned Daedalus to build a Labyrinth, to contain the Minotaur. Like all secret recipes for nuclear fusion, the builders had to be imprisoned for the good of humanity. Daedalus, and his son were treated like Rapunzel and doomed to live out their days in distress, trapped in a tower.

Daedalus made wings for two, and cautioned his son; "Icarus, it's imperative, sometimes in life you may find yourself up-stuck, don't get on tilt." Icarus, felling strong enough to beat the world, he forgot the c a r n d i n a l fucking rule...

Maybe Icarus disregarded his father's words of caution because maybe he knew Petrovsky was right: We can't run from ourselves, our destiny chooses us.

Maybe Icarus was a degen.

The story of Icarus is the definition of hubris, what better place to remind us of it, than at the table.

*Rule #1 - You check, I bet, you bet, I raise!

I'd like to thank @Ben8257 for all the help in navigating this journey, @p5woody for the design, and @Irish for words of wisdom 'Step away from the chip design tool for a few weeks'

ChipDB

0D7DB327-25A4-41C1-8AA2-0DA73685342E.jpeg

BFE4E888-D39C-4AC8-ACA5-1AC3C3D99038.jpeg
2C61BF2A-CB93-459B-966C-551C24192BF3.jpeg

This chip is so much more amazing in person than I could imagine, if I had it to do over I would consider this as a 5, just love seeing the barrel on the table!
Its (hopefully) obviously a tribute chip
B4CF6370-FCAD-43BB-8FFB-CC9F1487EA97.jpeg

@Ben8257 was right, this chip fits better - While I love the $25 I plan to pick up more of this chip and will add the $20 denom

6CBB37D8-AA0F-48DF-B472-70F005FBEF47.jpeg

705AB3F3-E2A4-43AB-A20A-735FEDF26572.jpeg
CC23CA85-37AB-4A50-823F-3605FB2A676F.jpeg

Last edited:
Love these! Sample please if any are available!

DG Peach is the best current CPC base color, change my mind.

Love the inlay design and incorporation of the TRK stamp. These came out great, congrats and best of luck with the set!

The color combinations on the 21 chip are amazing. Great job. The whole set is very well done.
How did you choose the chip base colors? Are those california colors?

The color combinations on the 21 chip are amazing. Great job. The whole set is very well done.
How did you choose the chip base colors? Are those california colors?
They are (Cali Colors), the 21 is based on Crystal Bay 20.

I very much dislike the color red, although I do like the IG 5s

First I poured through all of the photos in the Gallery, and I do mean ALL. This helped me get a baseline of what I liked and disliked. I've also bought a few ceramic sets you can see in my signature. I've also considered (and currently) designing a chip and doing a rack with BRPro to get a feel for the chip first.

I created several base color combos in the designer tool, I lost the account but I think about 9 or so variations. Then I would make several versions of a chip to find the one I liked most. I ended up with a Cali set honestly, the progression did change as I fit each base into a slot.

I did struggle with using Dayglow Peach vs Dayglow Yellow as my 5. Personally I don't believe White should be used as anything other than a 1 or 100, and I much prefer Blue as a 1 than any other color. My mecca would be a Lakeshore / Tiger Palace blue / blaze orange / dark blue, also a big fan of Sams Town 1.

If I do another set the DG Peach will again be a top contender for the 5, maybe the Crystal bay as my 20

Screenshot 2022-12-23 132619.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-23 132533.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-23 132948.jpg

Some variant of this would likely be my next set:
Screenshot 2022-12-23 134624.jpg

Last edited:
Only 60 quarters?
I actually have 75ish, I plan to have a few sample sets, and a few extras jic - but really its me practicing what I preach.

My game is a .25/.5 PLO and I only hand out a few dollars per 9 players; I think I could get by if I did a .5/.10 game pushing the 1 as the workhorse. I'm really not likely to host that game though.

Amazing chips! Congrats!

It's too bad CPC can't/won't do hotstamps on one side and inlays on the other (correct me if I'm wrong on this). The denom side would have obviously been fantastic as hotstamps seeing as they're in a hotstamp font.

Would CPC hotstamp just one side and leave the other side blank to be milled for a label? If not, then I think the only way would be to buy blanks and have a third party mill one side and stamp the other?

(Would CPC be able to do two shaped inlays on one chip, a different one on each side?)

Amazing chips! Congrats!

It's too bad CPC can't/won't do hotstamps on one side and inlays on the other (correct me if I'm wrong on this). The denom side would have obviously been fantastic as hotstamps seeing as they're in a hotstamp font.

Would CPC hotstamp just one side and leave the other side blank to be milled for a label? If not, then I think the only way would be to buy blanks and have a third party mill one side and stamp the other?

(Would CPC be able to do two shaped inlays on one chip, a different one on each side?)
I don't know if my CDO (OCD) would be able to take that, but it is an interesting idea.

I don't know if my CDO (OCD) would be able to take that, but it is an interesting idea.
I have a dream chip design that is hotstamp on one side, shaped inlays on the other. Someday!

(Unless you meant the part about two different inlay shapes on one chip...)

I don't know how I missed this post yesterday - I love these chips! I always enjoy seeing people pull the trigger on their CPC set, but this one in particular is quite nice. I, like others, enjoy the use of the TRK style denoms. That and the spot patterns make a set that stands out in a classy sort of way. Well done!

Wow, really nice set…. but honestly I ain’t like the 21$ chip at all :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: these color combo is, well, something different…

Really nice set! I think the $21 is great! Very striking. Any story behind it?

I also agree about DG peach. It's one of my favorite body colours from CPC. I think it works great as a $5.

The 21 is an amazing barrel, its based off of Nevada Club Crystal Bay TRKs. It is a highly sought-after chip from the 50s era TRKs and there was a fire destroying a lot of them.

The CPC version has tighter colors from a side view and its just makes a great chip. I think an all black and white version of the chip would be amazing for a racing theme'd set, could look very much like a checkered flag.

34C8A0E8-F675-4D5B-AA0B-2E041F303526.jpeg
3055B835-A430-4FEF-A36B-552A9B164A38.jpeg
1672500523871.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom