THE GREATEST CPC/ASM/BCC SETS OF ALL TIME. (1 Viewer)

Johnblue

Flush
Reaction score
What do you think are the greatest CPC/ASM/BCC CUSTOM sets of all time are? ( the GOAT ) and why?

In designing and committing to my first set, i realized there’s a lot of factors one must consider… colors, spot progression, labels, budget…. Everything has to work in tandem… IF YOU WANT THE GLORY.

I know custom sets are personal… and everybody thinks their own children are adorable, But what are the sets that stand out over time?

We have our yearly stump threads, and calendars… but what custom sets do you feel would deserve the moniker of GOAT…

I think the only mandate would be that the chips were designed by a chipper/s and were for personal use, not for commercial sale resale… and they were introduced here in our forums… (I would imagine some group buys qualify) but they be compression clay, fully custom, personal sets.

I would think a that a worthy distinction would be… what are the sets that people don’t forget about, that get mentioned and referenced year after year…

Try to post some pics… tell me why you think they are the GOAT?

There’s really no wrong answers, it’s your opinion… be prepared to defend it haha!

Last edited:
My first nomination is

THE COLONY CLUB
BY @Puggy
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/colony-club-cpc-custom-cash-set-pr0n.8445/

I think this set kinda set the tone for what was possible… I remember when I first came across it it blew me away, it seemed different for its time and it was my first example of chipper creativity in perfection.

I remember the labels and the different colors on them and thinking… wow…

It would be hard to come up with something as cohesive today… let alone a decade ago…

Here’s to you… COLONY CLUB…
57FF9A89-E74C-491B-83E4-84BEBF6E919F.jpeg

A couple of my favorites:

Fat Tire Poker Cash - @Trihonda

1685684921343.png

Moonlight Cardhouse Tournament - @JeepologyOffroad
1685684213905.png

Both sets are on my favorite mold - CSQ and these are two of the sets that are inspiring me to produce my own custom set later this year. I love the colors and the relative simplicity of the spot patterns. But in spite of that, I'm planning a couple of more complex patterns for my set. I really should listen to myself, but oh well. You only live once. Maybe someday I'll be able to post actual pics of my own set in a thread like this. Until I do, all I have are mockups from @Johnny5

dn_tf_csq_set1a.png

@Jeff ’s Kings Club set are my favorite customs of all time. Four different Kings on every chip denomination (each suit being represented) is just unbelievable. DSQ mold is one of my favorite molds. The set is enormous (over 2000 chips IIRC), so it’s got plenty of chips for meetup tournaments. And just look at that bounty chip. Perfection all around.

94BFA6B2-8FCC-4CB4-B5E2-5076FBFA6D7A.jpeg

2A040CCD-E9BC-4CBB-8C47-8F5AB49FA05A.jpeg

Last edited:
I think one of the elements that really sets a great set apart is the edge spot story. Can you quickly and correctly identify the chip value looking at barrel edges? Can you quickly identify a misplaced chip?

I’ve seen a lot of chips that are gorgeous on the face, but stack them on a table and becomes a lot of color noise, making it hard to count and identify chips.

It’s tough, and folks that can solve that and make a gorgeous set are the true artists.

Only because we have a million of these same posts all the time. Greatest set of all time, best $5 of all time (same chips every time) best $1 of all time (same chips every time). Wash rinse repeat.

actually, it was kinda hard to find an "all time greatest CPC" thread... they are easy to find by year, but my hope is that the old sets pops back up along with the new greatness... tastes have changed over time...

it would have been helpful in designing a new set... get some ideas, and most importantly, not to replicate something.

My first nomination is

THE COLONY CLUB
BY @Puggy
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/colony-club-cpc-custom-cash-set-pr0n.8445/

I think this set kinda set the tone for what was possible… I remember when I first came across it it blew me away, it seemed different for its time and it was my first example of chipper creativity in perfection.

I remember the labels and the different colors on them and thinking… wow…

It would be hard to come up with something as cohesive today… let alone a decade ago…

Here’s to you… COLONY CLUB…
View attachment 1144242
The Colony Clubs are great, and had honestly given me inspiration for my Boardwalk Card Club Chips ( Shameless plug to get my set in this thread) :) :
img_2484.jpg

I completed my 1100 CPC (ASM) set 20 years ago this year. I look at all these designs and am so jealous that these edge spot options didn’t exist then. I would love to have a redo. Granted they are substantially more expensive than the $1 a chip I payed but I wish I could do it again…..I just can’t seem to justify it for amount I play now.

Crazy thing is I distinctly remember being on the phone asking why they couldn’t do more than three single color edge spots like they did for Rounders. They answered that they would never offer that to the general public because it would never be cost effective. Never say never I guess.

Here is my now simple looking set from 20+ years ago. This was as complex as it got then…

06895953-DD7D-47AC-88EE-D59539077511.jpeg

Last edited:
@Jeff ’s Kings Club set are my favorite customs of all time. Four different Kings on every chip denomination (each suit being represented) is just unbelievable. DSQ mold is one of my favorite molds. The set is enormous (over 2000 chips IIRC), so it’s got plenty of chips for meetup tournaments. And just look at that bounty chip. Perfection all around.

View attachment 1144294
View attachment 1144293
The kings club definitely stands out for the use of clay color on the label and the the four different kings being represented…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom