The Essential Edge: Official Knife Thread (1 Viewer)

I just saw this thread. It’s great to see other people’s knives. I’ve got something handy all the time, in misc drawers, my pocket, car, backpacks, etc. Some nice collectibles and plenty of cheapo garage sale pickups over the years.

I rotate my edc frequently based on mood or where i’m going to be. Here’s three utility knives always handy. A small opinel slicer, my old electricians knife and favorite alox pioneer SAK.
69EF44DB-A038-4306-B924-9474F54B136E.jpeg

A Laguiole I picked up during a trip to France a few years ago.
0CA880BE-01BF-48DB-B73D-AEEFAAC2F729.jpeg

Two of my favorite slim gentlemen’s pocket knives.
View attachment 688646

A pair of Randall’s. I ordered the fighter about 20 years ago at their shop in orlando and the hunter just arrived in March for an order I made during a second visit a few years ago.
4373E240-E81A-4E45-8A9A-A25768B17E88.jpeg

Attachments

• 763F4675-FF8F-4156-97D1-C427F70706D4.jpeg
    763F4675-FF8F-4156-97D1-C427F70706D4.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Lovely!

For bushcraft/camping do you suggest the 5 or 6?
Also... got links for where to research/buy?

cheers

iirc the 5 is a full 16 oz and 5” blade. The 6 is 11oz and a 6” blade. if I’m trying to hammer my way out of a concrete cell or pry stuff, the 5 is your knife. I’m much more impressed with the 6 for its weight and feel. But I know ppl that swear by the 5.. YouTube has plenty of 5vs6 comparison videos.

I’ve never owned a gun or a knife, though I’ve had plenty of weapons around me. This thread really makes me want to get both. They look so cool.
if you enjoy collectibles and scarcity then class 3 firearms (i.e. machine guns) might be up your alley although I have no idea what CA laws are. Most places you can own them with the right paperwork.

Transferable machine guns were cut off in the 80s and there are only a couple hundred thousand of them available. I was considering some in the 30k range a few years ago but had kids instead. The vakue of those things just keeps going up. Also, there are a handful of collectors who own thousands of them so the law of Pareto distributions definitley applies

if you enjoy collectibles and scarcity then class 3 firearms (i.e. machine guns) might be up your alley although I have no idea what CA laws are. Most places you can own them with the right paperwork.

Transferable machine guns were cut off in the 80s and there are only a couple hundred thousand of them available. I was considering some in the 30k range a few years ago but had kids instead. The vakue of those things just keeps going up. Also, there are a handful of collectors who own thousands of them so the law of Pareto distributions definitley applies

pretty sure no class 3 in CA

Hello pcf peeps. I’ve kinda cooled off on chips lately and started getting into Swiss Army knives. I’ve been fiddling with modding the scales, specifically making the glow in the dark. I’ve sold a few on eBay and trying to figure out if there’s a market for them. Here are a my two latest, a duluxe tinker and a huntsman.
402B66F1-AD69-4A3F-9228-F25C2F65D7CC.jpeg
C9CC1FAF-4D30-407B-8D15-A81820F4DF65.jpeg
F4D61F92-03DD-4FC3-93C0-52DA3A4BF9F9.jpeg
E6B822D5-8049-4B64-A8C4-4DD638653F4A.jpeg

So no on/off switch...they're just on all the time?

If they are on all the time, my first though was that could be handy in the dark while camping. But I don't often need a knife in the dark. But still, just to locate it in the dark...

Then I thought, if it's bright enough, you may have to cover it up when you sleep... And if you cover it up, you'd need to put it in the same spot so you could locate it... thus negating the utility of having it light up to find it...

Just now saw this thread.
I forged my own Damascus steel knife!!! I will post pictures in the morning.

Also I have a "semi" custom Opinel which is more like my edc. The other one is not finished and a little to nice to be tossed around in my bag with my keys etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom