The Essential Edge: Official Knife Thread (1 Viewer)

“That’s not a knife, this is a knife”

C3061A41-1899-4E56-9E95-90C792CF424E.jpeg

Well, the first knife I’ve purchased since my chip collecting days is the Mefford Folder in the OP. That’s a lot of years without any focus on knive collecting.

The crkt I posted was my mist recent knife purchase in God knows when. Back in the day, I was a gerber-man. For the longest time, I'd been carrying a benchmade (Purdue..). It's since been retired for the crkt.

Daily submission (y’all do know, we are gonna run outta knives pretty soon...)

Spyderco Urban. Tan OD G10 scales. No locking mechanism to be compliant in some restrictive urban environment that banned suck things.

E4EA2391-B727-4F88-AFF9-2646EC53A35C.jpeg
5E7C031B-D435-4BA1-9A9E-8640D69FE347.jpeg
3C7C2B5B-B8D4-4EAD-B70A-E206F6571948.jpeg
A8C5AB80-1F2C-45A6-84C3-58143509A01A.jpeg

I have watched this thread long enough in silence. It's time to enter the game room, we call the Armory. Yes, that is one of @Psypher1000 's chips on the door. Apparently - many years ago - we frequented the same game store. Since games, knives, swords and poker chips share the same room, the name was obvious to me.

2017-11-28 12.04.05.jpg

...more to come...

dm0719_1.jpg

Shun Classic 8" Chef's. The most expensive knife I own by a good margin, but definitely worth it.

7785512.jpg

My memory was that my West Marine rigging knife for sailing was only $10-$15. The current price is $27. I'd feel a little bad at that price if I dropped it in the lake. I'm confident it can cut through any line on my boat if I was in a bad situation.

41vrv7zUnqL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

My EDC knife. The ergonomics are pretty terrible, but I haven't found anything that takes up less room in my pocket while including a screwdriver. The bottle open is worthless though.

I'm not a knife guy except to say that I grew up in a time when carrying a knife was just something men did. It seems increasingly rare these days so I'm glad to see this thread :)

I recently lost my larger security EDC but I can show my pocket knives.
First is a Buck that is a little too large for comfortable pocket carry so I don't often have it on me.
The other is a Case and is a perfect size for me. I carry and use it daily.

IMG_0338.JPG

Since you mentioned "safe queen" I went and dug this one up. I haven't looked at it in 20 years and it is in bad shape! I got it in the 80's as payment from my buddy. He'd met and slept with a woman for a one night stand. He didn't want her at his place after the deed so he gave me this knife to drive her home. She wasn't thrilled with him either and probably would have paid me a sword to get away from him :)

Says it is a Trail Master made in Ventura California.

IMG_0339.JPG

Atomic's EDC key knife reminded me of my most used knife, the Victorinox "Super Tinker".
8868162207774_celum_129759_560Wx490H.jpg

My parents bought it for me when I was young. In my 'teens young, so it's around 35 years old now. It's had more stories than I can remember, and had taken a shit-ton of beatings over that time, but it is still sharp and worth more to me than it's $32 price tag. If I'm buried with this, then I think even death will be a jam I can get out of.

Oh, and it has gotten me out of a lot of jams. I'll leave the details up to your imagination.
2017-11-28 13.30.01.jpg

Yeah, that's it's "good" side...
2017-11-28 13.30.15.jpg

Anyone here a Nutnfancy fan? He is the PCF of knife reviews on YouTube.

I tried. Any imbecile that is talking about the possible "apocalypse" in the first 30 seconds of a review is talking to someone with way fewer brain cells than I can deal with.

Prepare for an actual future, not some tin-foil hat, worst-case scenario future.

I tried. Any imbecile that is talking about the possible "apocalypse" in the first 30 seconds of a review is talking to someone with way fewer brain cells than I can deal with.

Prepare for an actual future, not some tin-foil hat, worst-case scenario future.

I have a neighbor that I swear is looking up how to bury a shipping container in his back yard, then turn it into a doomsday prepping bunker... I’m sure it’s against the covenants. Lol

I have a neighbor that I swear is looking up how to bury a shipping container in his back yard, then turn it into a doomsday prepping bunker... I’m sure it’s against the covenants. Lol

If it could double as a tornado shelter, then I find that to be a little less crazy - provided you live in an area that is subject to tornadoes.

I'm all for preparing for worst-case scenarios. I'm all for collecting items you can use. I even like collecting things because they look nice. But when you suggest you "need" a gun for the apocalypse, your cheese has slipped off its cracker.

I do own D'k tagh knife, because it looked cool to me, not because I might have to do battle with a Klingon.
2017-11-28 12.12.37.jpg

2017-11-28 12.12.25.jpg

Of course, that is because I would use a Bat'leth to battle a Klingon warrior.
2017-11-28 12.13.17.jpg

Last edited:
If it could double as a tornado shelter, then I find that to be a little less crazy - provided you live in an area that is subject to tornadoes.

I'm all for preparing for worst-case scenarios. I'm all for collecting items you can use. I even like collecting things because they look nice. But when you suggest you "need" a gun for the apocalypse, your cheese has slipped off its cracker.

I do D'k tagh knife, because it looked cool to me, not because I might have to do battle with a Klingon.

Of course, that is because I would use a Bat'leth to battle a Klingon warrior.
View attachment 136947

The force runs strong with you..
Er, wait... I mean live long and prosper. ;)

I figure there is a picture of Trihonda in the Spyderco lobby, right next to this guy
Black_Spy.png

Past years pockets knives:

20171129_072057.jpg

The Buck was the first I noticed was assembled with Torx screws. Not a fan.

I figure there is a picture of Trihonda in the Spyderco lobby, right next to this guy View attachment 136965

Past years pockets knives:

View attachment 136966

The Buck was the first I noticed was assembled with Torx screws. Not a fan.

Lol, I am a rookie collector. There are 100’s of models, and an entire forum dedicated to their collection, study, etc... crazy.

I actually had a good number more Spyderco knives, but traded them off for chips...

This is all I have left

9683B4DB-731A-4D3D-87EB-0641DC381C0D.jpeg

I love spyderco knives, I do not have any at the moment but I have a great story about a mini serrated blade I had in 98 that saved my truck...

I have ALL kind of knives at the moment, Ill try to post up, they were all given to me by my kids (wife) over the years so nothing special any more. I moved around alot and misplaced some of my really nice ones and never replaced them.

I LOVE KNIVES....:sneaky:

Great collections everyone..
Current carry:
1129170839a.jpg

Last edited:
For 17 years at my current IT job, I’ve had 3 of these in Red, Smoke, and Blue (current) on my hip at all times during the workday, and it is a lifesaver for computer needs as well as cutting things....... it’s the Victorinox Tech Tool Swiss Army knife, the key points are the flip out screwdriver tool with hex and philips bits, pliers for tight spaces (like pulling jumpers on hard drives), and the scissors for cutting cables.

2EBCE649-DB39-422D-8B2E-081B61A7FDC8.png
9B4369C9-FA4E-4A48-8741-6DFECFDD6307.png
0E6CA6C9-4717-4245-B017-124008BDE546.png

Since the Klingon knife was designed by knife-maker Gil Hibben, I'll segue into my first Hibben knife. The sheath was hand signed on the back by Mr. Hibben.

2017-11-28 12.07.10.jpg

The store I bought it at had a "balloon" sale going on at the time. The floor behind the register was covered in inflated balloons. when you made a purchase, you could select a balloon and pop it, and a discount (5%-95%) was inside.

I binked the 95% discount.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom