The Dugout (8 Viewers)

I just got shipment confirmation for my second chip set, large crown.

They are here.

9067B6C5-3A7B-4CE6-9EA6-7B4A4CBC3BF8.jpeg

Blanton’s...yummy!

Where is the Bulleit? I know it’s a bit lower-brow than some of the good there, but it’s a staple!
I had the 10yr. Finished the bottle a couple months ago. Very underrated.

Currently, my favorite in my collection is Peerless. It’s absolutely fantastic. I also love the Blanton’s, but for normal retail, not the ridiculous secondary market.

Getting excited for a Saturday night tourney.

View attachment 612884

COVID-19 people! How are you pulling this off? Masks required?

When my state locked down everything, I couldn't have games because my governor said so. Now I can't have games because the numbers are way, way worse than when everything was locked down!

COVID-19 people! How are you pulling this off? Masks required?

When my state locked down everything, I couldn't have games because my governor said so. Now I can't have games because the numbers are way, way worse than when everything was locked down!

Thanks for keeping me safe (sarcasm).

On a serious note...

We happen to all be in healthcare and the vast majority of us have already gotten both doses of the vaccine.

Between the vaccination and some already had Covid, I’m not concerned.

If we can sit inside a pressurized tube for 3+ hours less than a foot apart next to total strangers, it’s ok to play cards with your inner circle.

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping me safe (sarcasm).

On a serious note...

We happen to all be in healthcare and the vast majority of us have already gotten both doses of the vaccine.

Between the vaccination and some already had Covid, I’m not concerned.

Not to start a Covid war, but masks are not as helpful as the media would want you to think, and asymptomatic spread is actually quite rare, much less than what we’ve been lead to believe.

If we can sit inside a pressurized tube for 3+ hours less than a foot apart next to total strangers, it’s ok to play cards with your inner circle.

I want to let this go, but since you tried to give yourself credibility as a person in health care, your words are dangerous to those who have yet to be vaccinated and need to be refuted.

This is not media, it’s science - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

“asymptomatic or presymptomatic infected wearers who feel well and may be unaware of their infectiousness to others, and who are estimated to account for more than 50% of transmissions”

“A retrospective case-control study from Thailand documented that, among more than 1,000 persons interviewed as part of contact tracing investigations, those who reported having always worn a mask during high-risk exposures experienced a greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection compared with persons who did not wear masks under these circumstances”

“A study of an outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an environment notable for congregate living quarters and close working environments, found that use of face coverings on-board was associated with a 70% reduced risk.”

Enjoy your game!

I want to let this go, but since you tried to give yourself credibility as a person in health care, your words are dangerous to those who have yet to be vaccinated and need to be refuted.

This is not media, it’s science - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

“asymptomatic or presymptomatic infected wearers who feel well and may be unaware of their infectiousness to others, and who are estimated to account for more than 50% of transmissions”

“A retrospective case-control study from Thailand documented that, among more than 1,000 persons interviewed as part of contact tracing investigations, those who reported having always worn a mask during high-risk exposures experienced a greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection compared with persons who did not wear masks under these circumstances”

“A study of an outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an environment notable for congregate living quarters and close working environments, found that use of face coverings on-board was associated with a 70% reduced risk.”

Enjoy your game!
Thanks for the info, but there are other papers saying otherwise.

On top of that, you should probably read that study you just cited. It specifically states what type of mask was studied.

And yes, I am a person in healthcare, and you literally have no idea what I actually do in it. I will keep that secret, though.

This is not a Covid thread so I’m going to leave it at that. You can take your refuting of my post and papers to another thread. Masks and asymptomatic spread are not as clear cut as you would want to believe.

Enjoy your next games, whenever they will be.

Feel free to DM me your peer reviewed scientific studies that support your claim.

it doesn’t make a difference what you do in health care, you said it to give yourself credibility, and someone who isn’t well read on the topic might make the mistake of taking your word for it. I’ve cited official sources and studies. You haven’t, until you do, your claim has no credibility.

FWIW I’d bet you a months salary you aren’t an epidemiologist.

I will enjoy my next game quite a bit, but 4,000+ people died today of covid, so I’ll wait like a responsible person.

Feel free to DM me your peer reviewed scientific studies that support your claim.

it doesn’t make a difference what you do in health care, you said it to give yourself credibility, and someone who isn’t well read on the topic might make the mistake of taking your word for it. I’ve cited official sources and studies. You haven’t, until you do, your claim has no credibility.

I will enjoy my next game quite a bit, but 4,000+ people died today of covid, so I’ll wait like a responsible person.
Thank you for your fantastic information.

Make sure you keep that mask on.

Yes, I was looking through PCF and came across his post and was thinking, I am going to take this random person’s word on a poker chip forum and throw my mask away. But good thing another random person put a link to read. I hope no one is taking medical advice from a bunch of chip degenerates.

Anyway @TomC727 I absolutely love your table and chairs. We played last night and had an absolute blast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom