The ChipGuide just accused me of Copyright Infringement? (2 Viewers)

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Got an interesting message this morning on eBay:
2839E1E5-9238-4FE8-899A-F79D513BD701.jpeg

I sent them a photo of the chip in my possession and explained it’s a photo of the chip I own but their still trying to convince me they can prove it’s a chip they own and said it’s in “[their] collection” and that it has several unique defects that prove it.

Unedited photo of my chip used for my eBay auction:
50ECC66D-FFB2-4BC3-9C2B-4D66574BD642.jpeg

The photo submitted to their site:
87AC07B6-6DE2-43C5-AC14-13263BE93881.jpeg

I thought chip spotting splotches and mold alignment were about as unique as snowflakes, are they not? Could two identical looking chips in every detail exist?

“I am the Chipguide”
That’s funny stuff.
I would say the Chipguide needs to go shit in a hat, but the Chipguide is so awesome that I’m taking his side. Sorry.
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: who does he think he is, Vinny Chase in Queens Boulevard???? No hard feelings, I almost took his side too

Looks like the same chip to me. You just have the chip they used for the CG photo. Tell them to take their photo down. LOL
I asked them to "prove it" on their claim it's in his collection, I even provided a fun photo for my evidence :)

FE6CBB2B-8445-4BA6-885D-3CC377A2593B.jpeg

I'd offer to meet via Zoom, Facetime, etc, and show the chip live.
Not that invested lol but if he can’t provide evidence of his claim and still wants to try to report it I’ll tell him to go for it. Maybe I’ll include in the listing that it’s the actual chip that the ChipGuide is using on their site and is this super rare ! Win win! :wow:

And I get why he is protecting his copyrights. If you don't actively do it, later on when somebody actually does violate your copyright and it escalates, if they in court can show that you have not actively enforced your copyrights and "let it slide" in the past, it helps their case.
No issue with him reaching out just how he's chosen to handle the situation

So he must have some pretty good software or a service, scanning all of eBay and comparing their listings to his photos? Because clearly that is the same chip and it triggered an alert.
Pretty cool stuff.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: who does he think he is, Vinny Chase in Queens Boulevard???? No hard feelings, I almost took his side too

I asked them to "prove it" on their claim it's in his collection, I even provided a fun photo for my evidence :)

View attachment 456745

Clearly Photoshopped a backdrop in to I Am The Chip Guide's photo. Shameful behavior

Got an interesting message this morning on eBay:
View attachment 456736
I sent them a photo of the chip in my possession and explained it’s a photo of the chip I own but their still trying to convince me they can prove it’s a chip they own and said it’s in “[their] collection” and that it has several unique defects that prove it.

Unedited photo of my chip used for my eBay auction:View attachment 456737
The photo submitted to their site:
View attachment 456738
That is the exact same chip, aligned the exact same way. Look at the black dot on the inlay at 4 o'clock (between the A and C). Also the "grime" in the mold above the hat at 1 o'clock and in the hat at 2 o'clock. Not to mention the spots are EXACTLY the same.

Maybe you now own the exact chip that was in the Chip Guide photo. So strange.

Edit: and your photo is much better than the Chip Guide photo. Ask them to update the photo to yours. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom