The “Official”JeepologyOffroad HipHop thread (2 Viewers)

Really not a fan of hip hop at all

But I did love the chronic 2k album and the early Eminem stuff growing up.

And for some reason I really like this one Bobby shmurda song

Oooof. I used up so much in the other thread. I still think I was straight $$$ on a ton of those.

Alright I'm not sure what we're doing here, but if it's a real hip hop thread....hopefully peeps can put in some stuff that might be new to me. If you like hip hop, I'll drop a couple that might not have made it out to you:

One of my favorite artists to not make it (blow up). Freestyles, delivery, word play, it's all fantastic.

Hip hop, especially west coast/Cali is forever tied to sports, NWA made those ties inseperable. I hate the Lakers, and still thought this was super dope. Felli Fel, Snoop, Cube, Chino all coming together to drop a song. If your're familiar with NBA and the players, it's a little entertaining.

Lastly, I've never seen Quik get much love outside of Cali. Even if you don't know em, you've probably heard some songs. Cool cat.

Wax is a great story teller. I followed him all the ay from grind time along with dumbfoundead. Dumb had breezy lovejoy(now Anderson. Paak) open up for him wowow

I owned at least 1/2 of these, and still have them in my iTunes.

Funny story...in 1989, before I turned 9, my family took a road trip from the Seattle area to Disneyland on the last day of school. We stopped at a drugstore on our way out of town. At the checkout were cassette tapes for like $2. I asked my mom if I could grab a couple to listen to on my Walkman on the long road trip. She paid no attention to what I bought.

This was before Tipper Gore’s Parental Advisory warnings were common.

I bought a compilation that included Slick Rick’s original La Di Da Di and various other excellent songs that were inappropriate for an 8 year old! I was hooked, and my mom had no idea what I was listening to the whole time.

The great adventures of slick Rick was the first tape I ever bought. I got it bc of children’s story I heard on the radio. I was only 10 when I listened to Indian girl (an adult story) . Haha. To this day that’s the Dirtiest song I’ve listen to. Even compared to Luke skywalker

Along these lines, anyone a graf artist?? I was in high school. Occasionally people still ask me to draw them something

Here’s some old work
FA022809-9FCD-4F7D-B974-D6CEC6178206.jpeg
C32BE9BB-B78A-4558-AD7E-A3F723EA1208.jpeg
FF6A7117-BBDF-40DB-AC51-DEDC27082F21.jpeg
08252600-20EE-4058-8A8F-3989053B0E27.jpeg
F0356739-CE40-439A-9263-BEB7198B663E.jpeg
93AEDB93-EEFB-4999-BE6B-48AAC0B63F63.jpeg
391EF73A-5328-47A3-8F23-087ED5740271.jpeg
A0299F0A-CDB7-4F87-B85C-A1CBA3947201.jpeg
D34E5CDB-B3FE-49D4-8779-D4C8ED8942F3.jpeg
E49FD64A-B6B6-4903-88AA-2A973EEA8765.jpeg
6BE2FFA9-AE8E-4964-ACA9-9331ABB7C109.jpeg
BBB2B3EA-E79E-45A2-8D65-BC5FDA171C48.jpeg
533A43A4-4332-4B2E-8E26-79CF458C44A5.jpeg
8CDC1FD1-3900-46D5-BD45-1623F8730969.jpeg
46363C74-6E20-402A-A0E4-B45CBB0AD6CA.jpeg
24C7BA34-0042-404A-8CAE-A04987C423BF.jpeg
D9E6F624-CE65-4EFD-8017-BE0C02DA3DDC.jpeg
6FA57CDE-DC52-45D8-A89F-E21F41BE55FD.jpeg
9AD8B874-099A-4725-9518-BC991D819378.jpeg
9055B6E1-A3EB-4199-9064-A5EB58C73C24.jpeg

Since they announced they are releasing a remaster version of the old Tony Hawk Pro Skaters 1 and 2 I have been listening to those soundtracks non-stop.

Also, does my pasty white ass have to be the first one to post DMX or did I miss it?

Last edited:
Some good stuff here. Always on the fence about Immortal Technique, felt like I was being pandered to as a kid in high school, didn't realize then he wasn't tiny and adults listened to him too. But some stuff is clever and I do enjoy the varied stories.

With the amount of love some for some of these, I bet there's someone here that get's down with a couple Jedi Mind Tricks songs!

And then people have mentioned the record on both threads, but haven't seen a song from it yet. Plenty to choose from, but this will always be the one I get most excited to come on over the speakers:

Yeah. And not much showing. I’m impressed

do you think you could name all my unlabeled Maxells??!! Hahha

A very close friend of mine used to do some freelance photo work for Anticon and Stones Throw shooting promos and album covers. They would play a bunch of shows locally too since they were/are? based across the bay in Oakland

Oooof. I used up so much in the other thread. I still think I was straight $$$ on a ton of those.

Alright I'm not sure what we're doing here, but if it's a real hip hop thread....hopefully peeps can put in some stuff that might be new to me. If you like hip hop, I'll drop a couple that might not have made it out to you:

One of my favorite artists to not make it (blow up). Freestyles, delivery, word play, it's all fantastic.

Hip hop, especially west coast/Cali is forever tied to sports, NWA made those ties inseperable. I hate the Lakers, and still thought this was super dope. Felli Fel, Snoop, Cube, Chino all coming together to drop a song. If your're familiar with NBA and the players, it's a little entertaining.

Lastly, I've never seen Quik get much love outside of Cali. Even if you don't know em, you've probably heard some songs. Cool cat.

That Quik album is sick. I remember buying the album in college. It was on heavy rotation. “The p$”#* medley” is the jam.

Always good to meet fellow writers, or at least ex-writers (not sure if you still do?). I haven't painted for decades, but bought a few cans a couple of years ago with the intention of giving a legal wall a go in my old age. Man, I used to rinse this video so hard as a teenager; Cope 2's throw-ups are still unrivalled, even after all this time...

Always good to meet fellow writers, or at least ex-writers (not sure if you still do?). I haven't painted for decades, but bought a few cans a couple of years ago with the intention of giving a legal wall a go in my old age. Man, I used to rinse this video so hard as a teenager; Cope 2's throw-ups are still unrivalled, even after all this time...

cope2 is an icon in the scene. I used to follow cer, per, futura, bio. A few others I can’t remember now.
You should watch Skoe YouTube channel. He’s a German writer with a lot of good content. And modern wild style that’s reminiscent of the 80-90s scene

cope2 is an icon in the scene. I used to follow cer, per, futura, bio. A few others I can’t remember now.
You should watch Skoe YouTube channel. He’s a German writer with a lot of good content. And modern wild style that’s reminiscent of the 80-90s scene
Futura! Dondi and Seen, too.

Can't find a Skoe on YouTube — do you have a link, by any chance, please?

Sigh, I miss the rush of loading an NYC fatcap onto and the ensuing smell of Montana / Molotow's Belton Premium filling the air.

Futura! Dondi and Seen, too.

Can't find a Skoe on YouTube — do you have a link, by any chance, please?

Sigh, I miss the rush of loading an NYC fatcap onto and the ensuing smell of Montana / Molotow's Belton Premium filling the air.

That’s cause it’s Smoe. Haha. I swear you watch one video then just keep watching them and next thing you know it’s 4am and you gotta get up soon.

Any love for turntablism?

X-Men/X-excutioners
Scratch Picklz
Beat Junkies
Triple Threat DJs
Oakland Faders
Faust and Shortee
Future Primitive Sound System
Brainfereeze

Etc, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom