The “Official”JeepologyOffroad HipHop thread (2 Viewers)

Really big hit or miss for me. I like some of the main stream stuff that made it through. Def not a fan of music chopped and screwed generally though for sure.

I'll need to listen to more. Did you like Dan the Automator? Always thought this album was doing a bit too much, but that's what made it fun. Lol when this is the Wikipedia description of your album, listeners are bound to get lost "concept album set in the year 3030 that tells of the dualistic conflict of fatalism that takes place between the moral concepts of "righteousness" and "malevolence." "

Always liked Dan and had that Deltron 3030 album on repeat forever when it first came out. Of course I first got into Dan because of Dr. Octagon.

Oh I liked that! No idea what it is. I only knew of Dan from Heiroglyphics>Del the Funky>3030. MOAR!

Album is a little bit hit or miss for me but was my main intro to indie/underground hip hop of that era outside of Hiero and the like. Tracks are produced by a few different people though. Lyricist is Kool Keith from Ultramagnetic MCs.

Always thought Aceyalone was dope too.

This should maybe be a hip hop anthem in these times of Covid-19

Always thought Aceyalone was dope too.

This should maybe be a hip hop anthem in these times of Covid-19

I've seen the name before but haven't listened. Sounds good, does he do guest spots or collabs? I hate that I sometimes get bored when I listen to someone like him or Cole where the music is great, but the tracks sound similar.

I have no idea who Classifieds is, but someone gave me an MP3 device with all his stuff on it years ago and I liked it a ton.

edit: I never knew there were videos for these songs. If I watched them I wouldn't never liked the cat or song's, it's much better just sound.

Guess I like groups.

I have no idea who Classifieds is, but someone gave me an MP3 device with all his stuff on it years ago and I liked it a ton.

Guess I like groups.

That’s the best Lifesavas track on that album right there. I’m sure Aceyalone has done guest spots but I can’t remember any off the top of my head.

He does have a full album with RJD2 that produced the theme song to Mad Men. It’s solid but admittedly not the best work of either.

edot: oops meant to post the track with lyrics

Aight I'm going to bed. I expect a good hour of music from Rich when I check this tomorrow!

Might not be popular in this thread, but the music was fun, I don't think there's a Mac Miller song I didn't like.

My group of friends owned every release from No Limit Records. They were front and center at all of our high school parties. Mystikal was my fav.

Found some cds. How many can you name? Some are really obscure

E7CD4DEF-1CD0-4592-A43B-422D3EC70F1E.jpeg

Found some cds. How many can you name? Some are really obscure

View attachment 464221
I owned at least 1/2 of these, and still have them in my iTunes.

Funny story...in 1989, before I turned 9, my family took a road trip from the Seattle area to Disneyland on the last day of school. We stopped at a drugstore on our way out of town. At the checkout were cassette tapes for like $2. I asked my mom if I could grab a couple to listen to on my Walkman on the long road trip. She paid no attention to what I bought.

This was before Tipper Gore’s Parental Advisory warnings were common.

I bought a compilation that included Slick Rick’s original La Di Da Di and various other excellent songs that were inappropriate for an 8 year old! I was hooked, and my mom had no idea what I was listening to the whole time.

"Da Graveyard" - Big L classic (featuring Jay-Z before he became a mega-rich douche)

For one of the deepest, most disturbing, rap experiences, "Dance with the Devil" by Immortal Technique

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom