Testimonials (6 Viewers)

20200328_185448.jpg

I want to start off by saying overall that i am really happy with my Gear labels and even need to do another 300 chips. With that being said, is it normal for the labels to have a smell/odor when first applying? If anyone else has experienced this does it go away over a decent amount of time? I've only had them in use about 3 times from when i completed them because of all the coronavirus restrictions and our home game being on pause for the most part.

I want to start off by saying overall that i am really happy with my Gear labels and even need to do another 300 chips. With that being said, is it normal for the labels to have a smell/odor when first applying? If anyone else has experienced this does it go away over a decent amount of time? I've only had them in use about 3 times from when i completed them because of all the coronavirus restrictions and our home game being on pause for the most part.
I've never had a smell issue before. I would imagine it's the chip you are labeling that smells if you are labeling China clay chips. They all tend to have a distinct smell.

I've never had a smell issue before. I would imagine it's the chip you are labeling that smells if you are labeling China clay chips. They all tend to have a distinct smell.

I dont think its the chip in this case. The milanos i relabeled had that smell when i first got them but ive had the chips for several years and that dissipated after a while. Only thing that changed was adding labels. Maybe when adding some mineral oil to the chip it brought the odor of the chip back but i dont think its that. Just wanted to see if anyone else had run into anything like that.

Again not an issue that would deter me from ordering more (like i mentioned i'll most likely be doing more labels from him).

That smell goes away once you start licking them, ive found...

Perhaps pulling the old label (if that is what you did) released the odor. I've never had any perceptible scent from Gear's labels.

Oh ya baby!!!!! Finally putting the finishing touches on my Empress Cash set....I needed a matching frac for my set...

So bring in the minty rack of AS $0.25s...add in these EFFING AWESOME Gear labels...here are the results..

**Chris...it's a home run for me man, I LOVE them""
15929547968768014935223210551158.jpg
15929546560041936328144743109166.jpg
15929548814363965919711580854525.jpg

Many you have seen this before but I liked the AS snapper more for my quarter so I got some replacement labels from Gear. After an evening of removing the old labels and then apply the new labels they turned out wonderful! This was my third project with Gear and every single one was flawless.

IMG_0308.JPG

My second project with Gear was to create some NPS 5000 chips. I really like the look of these white chips, so they were my base. I reached out to Gear to get some labels made that fit and he already had the art work ready. If I could have changed anything I would have been to use a THC base but it's harder so far to find those vs the RHC.

IMG_0350.JPG

Perhaps pulling the old label (if that is what you did) released the odor. I've never had any perceptible scent from Gear's labels.

I Think I figured out what the odor was from. Well before I had gotten the gear labels I had washed all the chips as I had figured it would be the only time I might get the chance to fully wash them. I just used a small amount of soap and warm water before letting them completely dry before adding mineral oil and letting them fully dry again. Out of curiosity I washed a barrel in the same fashion but didn't add any mineral oil and the smell was prevalent within a day of them drying. I then added mineral oil which masked the smell and after about a week of the mineral oil being applied the smell started to come back. Glad to report its just the product of a cheap chip and it wasn't anything to do with the labels. Gears labels are the best in the business as far as im concerned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom