Tales from the Hitching Post (1 Viewer)

Cases look great! Is there a reason why Chan made one and Big Slik made one? both look fantastic

Cases look great! Is there a reason why Chan made one and Big Slik made one? both look fantastic
The first two were made by Big Slik. They came out terrific but it took over a year and a half to get them. Chanman made the second one in about six months.

Hope some Paymaster samples are still available, when I move back to The States.
prayingsmiley.gif

It worked great. The biggest problem to me was late when that and the $10K were the only ones out and you can only bet in amounts divisible by 2K

I assume you need to keep the 500 chip out longer for 1k/2k blinds, or any blind not divisible by 2?

I assume you need to keep the 500 chip out longer for 1k/2k blinds, or any blind not divisible by 2?
Yeah I kept them out until they weren't needed. Still hard to get into the habit of betting in 2000s only late

Last edited:
TY @Mr Tree for a fun time I was shocked I made it as deep as I did the first tourney, must have been fate since I parked close to the house and was blocked in by all, knew I would be there a while.

couple pics

Tom's giant chip stack at the final table

upload_2016-8-15_10-56-44.png

Final Hand - Jason Qd10d vs Tom Ah4d, all in preflop if I recall, maybe after the flop (after about 30+ hands heads up)
Flop 6h 4h 10h, turn 8d, river 9d. Jason was equal or slightly over Tom's stack so out in 2nd, new chip curse mostly avoided.
upload_2016-8-15_11-2-28.png

"someone" fingered the ass.

upload_2016-8-15_11-4-0.png

Great time, thanks to BGinGA Dave for storing and then bringing me some chips that he had shipped to him from France that Nick sold to us, and all the other chippers who were there. Eventually, I will put names to faces, I am terrible with names which is why I love the shootout name tags, but I did remember the other Dave as well. I am missing next month, Vegas is calling and it is time for BMC16, but will see you all again in Oct.

Thanks again,

BiGGyT

TY @Mr Tree for a fun time I was shocked I made it as deep as I did the first tourney, must have been fate since I parked close to the house and was blocked in by all, knew I would be there a while.

couple pics

Tom's giant chip stack at the final table

View attachment 52487

Final Hand - Jason Qd10d vs Tom Ah4d, all in preflop if I recall, maybe after the flop (after about 30+ hands heads up)
Flop 6h 4h 10h, turn 8d, river 9d. Jason was equal or slightly over Tom's stack so out in 2nd, new chip curse mostly avoided.
View attachment 52488

"someone" fingered the ass.

View attachment 52489

Great time, thanks to BGinGA Dave for storing and then bringing me some chips that he had shipped to him from France that Nick sold to us, and all the other chippers who were there. Eventually, I will put names to faces, I am terrible with names which is why I love the shootout name tags, but I did remember the other Dave as well. I am missing next month, Vegas is calling and it is time for BMC16, but will see you all again in Oct.

Thanks again,

BiGGyT
All ins came on the flop. I had a pair of 4s and was four to the nut flush so I shoved and he called with top pair.

Makes more sense, I was a little bleary eyed by that point, so memory was not 100%.

So I am driving home looking for gas since the light is on and I pull into a QT on Barrett parkway. While I am adding gas, I notice some homeless guy shaking down people with "God bless" and such, so I debate if I want to pass by to go inside and get a sammich or just go home. I decide on the sammich, which takes about an extra 3-5 minutes. Back on to Barrett Parkway, cop cars start zooming past me, sirens and lights going and about 2 miles ahead, there is about 8 cop cars and a nasty wreck. If I had not gone for the sammich, I easily could have been right there at that time. So a ham sammich may have saved my life.

Or, maybe I would have prevented it if I was there.... mind blown.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/3-critically-injured-in-cobb-county-crash/422929296

• COBB COUNTY, Ga. - Police believe drunk driving is to blame for a crash that sent five people to the hospital.

A van and a pickup truck collided around 3 a.m. Sunday at Cobb and Barrett Parkway.

Emergency crews had to close lanes to get trapped passengers out.

Medics rushed five people to Kennestone Hospital, including the suspected drunk driver.

Three people were critically injured.

So I am driving home looking for gas since the light is on and I pull into a QT on Barrett parkway. While I am adding gas, I notice some homeless guy shaking down people with "God bless" and such, so I debate if I want to pass by to go inside and get a sammich or just go home. I decide on the sammich, which takes about an extra 3-5 minutes. Back on to Barrett Parkway, cop cars start zooming past me, sirens and lights going and about 2 miles ahead, there is about 8 cop cars and a nasty wreck. If I had not gone for the sammich, I easily could have been right there at that time. So a ham sammich may have saved my life.

Or, maybe I would have prevented it if I was there.... mind blown.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/3-critically-injured-in-cobb-county-crash/422929296

• COBB COUNTY, Ga. - Police believe drunk driving is to blame for a crash that sent five people to the hospital.

A van and a pickup truck collided around 3 a.m. Sunday at Cobb and Barrett Parkway.

Emergency crews had to close lanes to get trapped passengers out.

Medics rushed five people to Kennestone Hospital, including the suspected drunk driver.

Three people were critically injured.
Geeze, that's why I always tell people who are there late to be safe on the way home.

Saved by a ham sammich.....

Where I come from, a sandwich is made from 2 pieces of bread, or a single roll sliced in half. A sammich is made with a single piece of bread with the toppings piled up, and then the bread is folded into a U shape with the toppings contained within.

I've never heard or seen this used this way outside a very small region of W MA. Sorry for the derailment.

I honestly did not know there was a difference, just something my wife and I usually refer to a sandwich as, more as a joke than anything else. SO TECHICALLY, it was a sandwich as it was 2 pieces of bread, ham, tomato, lettuce and "swiss" cheese, cut in half and sealed in a plastic container. Sometimes, it is also referred to as a "sammy" in my household.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom