Table re-do question re: supplies (2 Viewers)

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Straight Flush
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
I found a used table that is exactly what I want - a 60 inch round. I was about to leave to go pick it up this morning when the seller messaged me that he ripped the rail vinyl while moving it and that he wanted to replace it before he sold it to me. This is a table that he built himself. I was impressed with his honesty and offer to repair at no charge, but the current rail is black, and I'd really prefer brown, so I want to offer to buy the material before he does the replacement. I've never built a table and he did a really good job on this one, so I'm happy to have him redo it.

So questions are, what material should I buy? (good quality) where should I buy? (YAT?) And exactly how much should I buy?

FYI whisper only comes 54" wide. Covering a full 60" rail with whisper is a challenge. Not impossible, but tough.

Yeah the Heidi vinyl is not only wider which makes it a great vinyl for large round tables, it's also considerably more stretchy than Whisper. I think the Heidi only comes in black though, and not even sure if they still carry it. Doing a quick search on YAT, I can't find the extra wide stuff on their site.

Rare find, guy sells you a table, tears vinyl. Buyer says sure, replace it, but hold on I'm going to ship you the color and material I really want. Seller says cool, cool.

What is this? A Hallmark movie?
It was actually pretty odd. I was walking out my door to go pick it up when he texted me that he had torn it and he wanted to replace the vinyl before I made the one and a half hour drive to get out there. He was going to repair it at his cost, so I figured if I offered to pay for the material I'm saving him money.

Do you live in Mayberry?
Is your sheriff Andy Taylor?
Is Aunt Bee making you both Apple Pies?
I mean, where the fuck else does this scenario happen???

Don't forget to use discount code "scottkeen" for 10% off orders over $75.00 on YAT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom