Table pedistals (1 Viewer)

Trying to work in the shop today. Feeling weak but managed to get the blocks glued in
Maybe I'll get some banding done later...
20200827_115813.jpg

Last edited:
Nice fly swatter.

And that looks like something from a sci-fi or horror movie, LOL.

The garage is air conditioned but every once in awhile I like to open it up and get fresh air. Then comes the flies and mosquitoes..

My hands were cramping up so I'm out out the shop for today.

I would vote against those bases. I can’t stand the common “pedestal” base, personally. Your progress looks great, but get creative with the base.

Buddy of mine I'ds checking to see how much leather he has and what colors. I hope there's enough to do a table.

Any of you actually playing on leather? Any problems?

Buddy of mine I'ds checking to see how much leather he has and what colors. I hope there's enough to do a table.

Any of you actually playing on leather? Any problems?
I assume you mean for the playing surface? I don't remember seeing anyone with that. Two potential issues I see: 1) keeping it clean, 2) lack of card slide, especially when not clean.

Oh, okay, some people have done that. I've never done it myself. Seems like it would be a big PITA with leather that doesn't stretch. Sure would look/feel nice though.

No not the playing surface, the rail around...
View attachment 534895
I believe I played on a leather rail at least once, but for the life of me I cannot confirm. Basically, it's a lot of extra cost for no appreciable benefit since I can't remember where. If the room room was already extremely nice, I could see it to match leather and dark wood chairs. Even then, a much more affordable stretch vinyl would still work, be a lot easier to work with from a build standpoint, and wouldn't have seams.

Ever wonder why furniture makers have so many clamps?
View attachment 521539
You need a few more clamps....oh wait, my bad, you still have a few left over under each end of your work bench.....and on the side of your shelves on the right....and on the side of your shelves on the left....sorry bout that, you might be OK......as you were.....:wow::D:p

My buddy has 4 cow hides dark forest green,11 black hides,4 dark brown ...

Can't think of a table I could use dark forrest green on?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom