Table pedistals (1 Viewer)

Rebelwork

Two Pair
Reaction score
I usually do round furniture grade tables I think I'm going 9 plus dealer on my personal table. I came up with my own design for the last two, but I'm open for suggestions....

Suggestions.
LA_fullpoker_300.jpg
lami3.JPG.2462edcbc4f201b9b470ab650591af77.jpeg
table cherry base.jpg
The Mark Lackley type base or do something similar to my other two plus the stretcher?

Do you have a dedicated no player dealer at your games?

pedestal look great, I like the top one best

I guess the reason I entertain the ideal is because I can rarely get 10 people on a table. I have not played on a dealer cutout yet. Even the ones I made I traded or sold without using it...
DSC03965.jpg

I just don't see a reason for a cutout without a non player dealer. If you have less players everyone just gets more space.

I spent 2 hours looking through 20 years of scraps for this table. Found 3 sheets of 3/4 sapele and 3 sheets of sapele veneer. Found the two sheets of ebony veneer. I'd like to use the sapele 3/4 but its MDF and wood be heavy. I've been trying to get rid of 200ft of sapele hardwoods..

Beautiful tables, but unless I was going to resell it or loot it for parts, I wouldn't pay $10 for a table that had a dealer cut-out. It's like a ferrari with a missing door.

My 2 cents (which is worth about that since I don't have a dedicated poker table myself) is skip the cutout. As others have stated, cutouts work best with a dedicated dealer. Even if you have a dedicated dealer now, are you sure you will in the future? I don't think it's a huge detriment to have a dedicated dealer dealing without his cutout.

Also I'm guessing no cutout will help the table retain value...more people looking for non-dealer cut out tables.

Btw the table looks great, you do good work. just personally I wouldn’t want a dealer cutout if it wasn’t actually being used for dedicated dealer

Got both table patterns out. Gonna have to think on this awhile. I really like the dealer cutout. Kinda stuck on the yellow brick road now.?
YellowBrick.jpg

Beautiful tables, but unless I was going to resell it or loot it for parts, I wouldn't pay $10 for a table that had a dealer cut-out. It's like a ferrari with a missing door.

You have to meet public demand. It's never one sided...
The table on top from Lackley went for $48,000.....
There's a difference between a custom pokef table and a furniture grade poker table...

Last edited:
At $48,000, you have plenty of money to pay for a dealer. I will never have the money for a hired dealer, so I would never need a table devoted to having a dealer.

Now as a builder, it's good to have in your portfolio just in case you stumble upon someone with $48,000 to burn.

I certainly don't have the money anymore to spend a lot. Im just lucky to have a skill set in furniture making..I may have to buy cheap poker chips but I can play on a high dollar table....this one of the reason I was looking for local to maybe trade table for chips,...

I just found after calling them that I no longer can get deals on Gemaco playing cards. They where bought out by the Japanese and moved from Blue Springs ,Mo to Overland Park ,Ks. She said they no longer sell there overruns....OUCH....

I know you are a skilled furniture guy, and the dealer cutout adds a design element and interest to you, but if you don't have a dedicated dealer it's not a good idea for a personal table. It's like buying a motorcycle with a sidecar with no plans for somebody to ever ride in the sidecar.

I completely understand. I like it, but it doesn't help the sale. I'll probably put the ebony on a ten man table.. maybe the Sapele in a dealer table....

I just built my own table and I was just too lazy to put a dealer cutout. I think it looks nicer and professional with one. I am usually the only one who deals but I play as well so I would prefer a cutout with no chip tray. After playing on my new table I kind of wish I did make a dealer cutout as people get lazy and don’t throw their chips or cards close enough for me to reach without bending over.

I just built my own table and I was just too lazy to put a dealer cutout. I think it looks nicer and professional with one. I am usually the only one who deals but I play as well so I would prefer a cutout with no chip tray. After playing on my new table I kind of wish I did make a dealer cutout as people get lazy and don’t throw their chips or cards close enough for me to reach without bending over.
You're spoiling them. If you're nice enough to deal every hand, the least they can do is push the cards to you. If you keep reaching for them, they'll keep making you reach.

Supremely jealous of the workshop!

ps - DC filter needs changing ;)

I'm still kicking around Sapele.I've got several sheets of veneer I was gonna use on a sleigh bed but it never developed.. Going with 3 3/4 cup holders. My crown classes wouldn't fit in anything less...

I'm also on the fence about just selling this one...

That's actually from our Sunday afternoon...I got a sweet tooth Sunday and bought milk duds, Mike ikes and sugar babies. I filled a bowl and we had out share..Gotta spoil them . That's my excuse. ..

Dollar general the only place I've been able to find sugar babies..

Nice! - and my apologies for getting the name wrong - jolly joes are the grape ones, Mike Ike’s are the multiple colors - everyone knows, or should know, that. Haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom