Tourney T-1 or T-5 game using cash chips (1 Viewer)

jrs146

Straight
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just curious if many of you use a starting chip of T1 or T5 in order to be able to use a cash set for a tournament. I was thinking of using my jack cinci set which I have 1,5,25,100,500,1000 and only use it for tournaments. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Absolutely. And you don’t really have the troublesome 500-1000 gap problem. The only real downside you will here is that you don’t want someone to walk off with a tournament chip and bring it to your cash game. So don’t use the tournament set for cash games if security is a concern. I asked the same question when I started…

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...nament-set-stacks-t1-base.44089/#post-1365769

Hi all,
Just curious if many of you use a starting chip of T1 or T5 in order to be able to use a cash set for a tournament. I was thinking of using my jack cinci set which I have 1,5,25,100,500,1000 and only use it for tournaments. Any thoughts/suggestions?
I like running a 10x tourney. $40 gets you $400 in cash chips. Starting stacks of 15x$1, 12x$5 and 13x$25 for a starting stack of 40 chips total. I then set up the blind levels based on the number of people and how long I want the tourney to last.

Using the same set for both cash and tournament is secure only if the chips cost the same to buy(-in).
So, if your cash chips' denominations represent dimes, you can play a tournament of T400 costing $40 to buy-in.
If your cash chips' denominations represent Dollars or Euros, the T400 tournament should cost $400 indeed, to buy-in.

You could still disregard the above rule if playing with childhood friends and family only, on a single table, at your own risk.
The Forum's consensus is against that, but again the forum is made up by chips maniacs.

IMG_20191012_230501.jpg

Absolutely. And you don’t really have the troublesome 500-1000 gap problem. The only real downside you will here is that you don’t want someone to walk off with a tournament chip and bring it to your cash game. So don’t use the tournament set for cash games if security is a concern. I asked the same question when I started…

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...nament-set-stacks-t1-base.44089/#post-1365769
Yeah that’s a good point. But I’d only use them for the tournament. I have an entirely different set of Grand Victoria’s that I’d use for cash. Anyways. Thinking of trying it and seeing what happens!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom