Super Bowl Squares Anyone? (3 Viewers)

im open to any ideas.

anther sheet im in I think they are doin, 20% 25% 20%, then 35% final score end of game

Would that work for everyone ?

200, 250, 200, 350 final score end of game.

OK here's the final Sheets , numbers, payouts.

If anyone needs a printable PDF shoot me a PM.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 1.25.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 1.21.31 PM.png

Would that work for everyone ?

200, 250, 200, 350 final score end of game.

My preference would be 200/250/200/350*

*in case of OT 100 to end of 4th and 250 to final score.

Would just seem odd for 1st and 3rd to get paid while the vastly more important end of 4th got zero.

ok im fine with something like that,

I'll wait to see if there are any objections.

My preference would be 200/250/200/350*

*in case of OT 100 to end of 4th and 250 to final score.

Would just seem odd for 1st and 3rd to get paid while the vastly more important end of 4th got zero.

squares are always 1st, 2nd, 3rd, final. no reason to complicate it.

plus numbers are already drawn, so this option is going to get more support from anyone with matching numbers. too late to change that now IMO.

the floor is open. Please make any objections now.

Now that’s almost decided ......

Thinking of doing a $40 sheet :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Max 5 squares per person

plus numbers are already drawn, so this option is going to get more support from anyone with matching numbers. too late to change that now IMO.

my vote is to just keep it how you already put it on the sheets

I feel the same. Always next year/other events to host differently.

From experience: some of the easiest ways to screw something up is to
  • determine parameters too late in the game, or
  • make exceptions to already established parameters, or
  • crowd-source your final solution (certainly seek input)
Go back over your previous thread entries and PMs to ensure you are consistent in your decision & be fair

Though I agree with raynmanas and what I've typed here. I will fully support whatever decision you make :tup:

I get it. For the record I’d have made the same request if I’d had no matching numbers (even mentioned it before they were drawn ;) )

I’m fine with it as-is, my pitch now is for future pools. I understand “squares are always...” but IMO that doesn’t make them right. I run lots of pools and am always looking for ways to improve the standard. I don’t do any squares pools that pay out per quarter but if I did I would absolutely have a “final score pays x” with an overtime split (weighted to the final) that pays something to the 4th quarter. From a sensical standpoint it just doesn’t make sense to me for a meaningless point of the game (end of 1st) to profit when a meaningful point (end of regulation) doesn’t.

My two cents :)

I notice this chart only goes through 2014. While it is certainly still mostly accurate, the weirder numbers do now have a slightly better chance of hitting - since they increased the XP distance in 2015, missed XPs are about 5% more likely now (XPs were hit ~99% pre-2015, and ~94% since). And for this Super Bowl, these two teams are actually on the worse end, missing approximately 1/10 XPs between them.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom