Sunfly cards interest thread (2 Viewers)

What would you buy?

• 6-10 sets of bridge size

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >10 sets of bridge size

• 6-10 sets of poker size

• Total voters

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I am looking into the details of getting some cards from Sunfly. By some, I mean thousands.

I need to know though, before dumping a large investment for these cards due to the high minimum quantities, if there's enough demand.

I would be purchasing at least 2000 decks, 1000 purple and 1000 another color (still deciding what color, maybe yellow?) in bridge size. If there's enough demand, I may get another 2000 poker size as well, 1000 of 2 different colors also. All jumbo index.

I plan on ordering the cards with the dragon back design, but change the pips to regular rather than the swirly ones. The rest of the artwork would remain the same.

So, please vote and after a few weeks I will see what the interest looks like to get these ordered or not.

Prices would probably be around $15-20 USD per set of 2 decks in a cardboard box that holds 2 decks. When referring to a "set", it means 2 decks with the box.

There's reviews in the cards databse by @Dix https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/the-redneck-poker-card-database-2-0.76/ for comparison, and the exact review from him here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-redneck-poker-card-database.52229/post-1083972

1591205936662.png

1591205942668.png

1591205948559.png

Last edited:
Are these currently available anywhere to sample?
I use a few Poker size decks and would buy some if I liked them, but don't want to skew your "interest" by saying I would by 10 decks or something.

I like the swirly pips ... 4-color swirly pips? Oh baby

I don't think that could be taken OOC but who the hell knows anymore

There's reviews in the cards databse by @Dix https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/the-redneck-poker-card-database-2-0.76/ for comparison, and the exact review from him here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-redneck-poker-card-database.52229/post-1083972

I mailed out some decks to some forum members for their reviews. I have 1 deck remaining on hand, so if anyone wants a sample, I can mail them a single card for review (free). This means I have enough to mail out 57 samples I think, 52 cards, 2 jokers and 3 "branding" cards.

I have 1 deck remaining on hand, so if anyone wants a sample, I can mail them a single card for review (free). This means I have enough to mail out 57 samples I think, 52 cards, 2 jokers and 3 "branding" cards.

Could you throw one card in with my next cloth being printed?
Thanks!

Would be interested in 4-5 setups if Bridge/Jumbo, 2 color, regular/non-swirly pips, purple/yellow would be fine (red/.blue would be better ;)).

Not interested in Poker size cards at all.

I'd be in for two sets of each of bridge and poker size for four set ups total! Thanks!

Depending on cost and if you would send these to Sweden i would be interested in a few sets of poker size jumbo Index without swirly pips. Maybe i could talk @Mr Winberg into geting a few of them too. :sneaky:

Could you throw one card in with my next cloth being printed?
Thanks!

Will do. Thanks for saving me the stamp ;)

Please make sure you vote, I won't be going through messages to count, I'm relying solely on the poll. Even if you're a maybe, that's good enough for me.

Thanks everyone.

Jumbo Index.... I'm in.

While I voted 2 sets, would be more if there's more than one color combo. & PLEASE for the love of all that's holy..... no Red/Blue combo.

Not that I have an aversion for either color, especially blue, I really like blue, I'm just tired of red & blue always being paired.

"Dare to be different".... it's kind of a theme up here at the bunker in the frozen north. :D

On the pip design.....

As I said in the review, in a jumbo index the pip design would likely not be an issue. In fact, I think it's kind of cool.... because it's different.

That said, in a standard index I really wouldn't want to be the player in the 7 seat & trying to read the up-cards of the player in the 2 seat while playing stud. Trying to figure out if that's the Queen of Hearts or the Queen of Diamonds could be a challenge.

Also, as noted in my review, If you're a Fournier or Prestige fan, these have your name written all over 'em. You already know how they feel.

Last edited:
Jumbo Index.... I'm in.

While I voted 2 sets, would be more if there's more than one color combo. & PLEASE for the love of all that's holy..... no Red/Blue combo.

Not that I have an aversion for either color, especially blue, I really like blue, I'm just tired of red & blue always being paired.

"Dare to be different".... it's kind of a theme up here at the bunker in the frozen north. :D

On the pip design.....

As I said in the review, in a jumbo index the pip design would likely not be an issue. In fact, I think it's kind of cool.... because it's different.

That said, in a standard index I really wouldn't want to be the player in the 7 seat & trying to read the up-cards of the player in the 2 seat while playing stud. Trying to figure out if that's the Queen of Hearts or the Queen of Diamonds could be a challenge.

Also, as noted in my review, If you're a Fournier or Prestige fan, these have your name written all over 'em. You already know how they feel.

I found that they had less texture than my Fournier / Prestige decks (which are my favourites, bar none), but that's just my opinion.

As for colours, I have to say I prefer red and blue because of the contrast. The burgundy / green combo that some of the Prestige sets and Four52 poker-sized cards use are unusable for me because they are simply too close in colour to have both decks in use at the same table. I loved the fact that Design re-introduced the red/blue combo for the Classic Victorians. But as long as the colours have sufficient contrast (red/blue, yellow/black, orange/purple, etc), I'm in.

I agree on both parts, red/blue is nice because of contrast but EVERYONE does red/blue. I'm likely going to stick with purple and do another color. I've been playing around with color blind test sites to see what color would never get confused with purple and offer good contrast. Not sure if I'd do 2 colors for bridge and 2 different colors for poker size, but based on the amount of interest so far I'm not sure if i'm going to go ahead with the order. It's a lot of cards to unload. I haven't had time to reach out to different card communities yet, relying on PCF only sales will be very difficult to sell even a quarter of the order.

I've been playing around with color blind test sites to see what color would never get confused with purple and offer good contrast.
From what I understand most are some form of red-green blind. But regardless, unless someone is totally colorblind (which is really rare) if you use the basic color wheel triad to pick the other color you'll be fine.

So if purple is one color.... that means green & orange are your other two working points, with yellow providing the most contrast. This assures you have at least one of the two colors that is solidly in the range of what they can distinguish.

Color-Theory-Graphics-WHEEL34.jpg

If your purple is more red-ish than blue-ish a green to yellow-green would provide more contrast.

Last edited:
Best four color combos, imo:
  • Charcoal/Cream
  • Blue/Orange
  • Green/Red
  • Purple/Yellow

Purple Yellow
Charcoal(black) Cream(off-white)

I like that idea quite a bit. It would be good to do different colors for bridge vs poker so that they're easily distinguishable. However, I can totally see myself making bridge size charcoal/cream and poker purple/green and having people want the opposite. Can't please everyone though..

Purple/Green..... I'm good with that... I'll take 2 and a player to be named later. :D

Not a fan of blue/orange. Even though I know it is the highest contrast, for whatever reason that just strikes me as puke inducing ugly.

But, blue/yellow, purple/yellow, & purple/orange all work IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom