Tourney Structure for Limit Hold'em Tourney (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I run a small league of about 10 guys and we do monthly tournaments. We usually play NLH but also play Tahoe & NL Pineapple. This season i'd like to introduce LIMIT-Hold'em to the crew. I have no idea what structure to use, since I've never actually played Limit-Hold'em in a tournament setting.
If we played, we would most likely have 10 guys, a starting stack of 20k, and i would like to keep the tourney to around 4hrs. We usually use antes in our NLH tourneys (after our 1st break), so if we used it in a Limit tourney it would be fine. Anyone have a structure suggestions??

Thanks so much for your help!!

Your current NLHE tourney structure (assuming it runs approximately 4 hours for 10 players @ T20K starting stacks) should work fine for a Fixed-Limit Hold'em tournament (the Limit tourney will take about a half-hour longer on average, all other variables remaining the same -- just run the levels as small-bet/big-bet instead of small-blind/big-blind). If your current format is dramatically different than what I listed above, then cite the differences and I can point you in the right direction.

OK thanks @BGinGA ...I didn't realize the NLHE structure translated to Limit like that.
Thanks for your help! So, the big blind would be the "small bet" and the "big bet" is just 2x the big blind, correct?

OK thanks @BGinGA ...I didn't realize the NLHE structure translated to Limit like that.
Thanks for your help! So, the big blind would be the "small bet" and the "big bet" is just 2x the big blind, correct?
Never played LH Tourney but have played many LH cash games; that said the small blind is half (or close to it if you have n odd small bet)the small bet and the big blind is the small bet. At your lower blind levels chip values may warrant that your small blind and big blind are the same until you can do a half of a bet

If your first NLHE level had 50/100 blinds, then translated into Fixed Limit that same level would be 50 small bet and 100 big bet (using initial 25/50 blinds).

100-150 total big bets per starting stack is plenty for a Fixed-Limit Hold'em tourney, imo.

If your first NLHE level had 50/100 blinds, then translated into Fixed Limit that same level would be 50 small bet and 100 big bet (using initial 25/50 blinds).

100-150 total big bets per starting stack is plenty for a Fixed-Limit Hold'em tourney, imo.
This will play much slower than the NLHE game.

The WSOP dealers choice event has what they consider equivalent structures for both NL and limit games...see the link below...and they have sized the SMALL limit bet at 2-2.5x the big NLHE blind. So if you're first NLHE level is 25/50, you might consider at least 50/100 small limit /big limit, or even 100/200 small bet / big bet as an equivalent level.

https://www.wsop.com/pdfs/structuresheets/structure_1352_15611.pdf

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom