Stories from the SpeakEC (2 Viewers)

Ty

Plz post many updates, including heart breaking bust outs and pot dragging. Those are the best.

Got down to 13.2k at 300/600, wake up with aa Utg & raise it to 1.5k. Cliffy button pops it to 5.8k, I jimmy jam and he calls.

AA vs 88. Flop 567.... but I hold. Now sitting on 45 beebs at exactly 27k.

2B69C9BA-3FB3-42D7-A5D4-59B88D593DAE.jpeg

Season 2 started up last night, and I finally took down one of my own tournaments.. sort of. While not getting many premium hands, I was able to pick some spots to play some mediocre hands. I started strong catch my open ended straight against @Highli99 , and then out kicking him with KQ vs Q 10 on a Q high board. Slow and steady was key. Once moved, I called a min raise with 68cc. Blinds were 1000/2000 and I was BB. Short stack was all in (300) and I wanted a bounty. Flop came A86 rainbow, and I checked. Button shoved and I called. He had AJ and couldn’t improve. Down to 3 handed, we had stacks of 140k, 130k, and 115k, and they wanted to chop. I was at 115k and they offered me 1st place points and a 3-way money chip. I couldn’t say no.

Glad to have some new PCF friends at the game. Thanks for coming @Highli99 , @longflop , @Redbelly , @arch3r , and my other cast of regulars. @Chippy McChiperson , @kirchhausen , @Cliff , @MikesDad , @PhilLaFond

I did have a chip casualty though. Thank goodness for spares.

719BCE18-3A6F-4446-9844-04F3EA3961BE.jpeg

This was first time at your game and it was awesome. You run a tight ship and getting to play with the guest sets of BTPs was a fun experience. As you highlighted I did not have much success in the tourney but was able to make it back in the cash game after which is the opposite of how things usually go for me.

At one point in the cash game I think we had 7 or 8 PCFers playing which was cool.

Awesome group and I can’t wait to play next month.

Congrats again on the win. Not easy to do when hosting.

Great time last night @krafticus, and super great chips, thanks @Chippy McChiperson and @kirchhausen for bringing them. Unfortunately, the night was a bust for me. Ran into quads vs full house to bust out of the tourney and was was either always second best or got it in good and the river was not kind in cash. But that's poker. Just was not in the cards for me ( you see what I did there ;) ). But I'll be back next month fo' shure.

Season 2 started up last night, and I finally took down one of my own tournaments.. sort of. While not getting many premium hands, I was able to pick some spots to play some mediocre hands. I started strong catch my open ended straight against @Highli99 , and then out kicking him with KQ vs Q 10 on a Q high board. Slow and steady was key. Once moved, I called a min raise with 68cc. Blinds were 1000/2000 and I was BB. Short stack was all in (300) and I wanted a bounty. Flop came A86 rainbow, and I checked. Button shoved and I called. He had AJ and couldn’t improve. Down to 3 handed, we had stacks of 140k, 130k, and 115k, and they wanted to chop. I was at 115k and they offered me 1st place points and a 3-way money chip. I couldn’t say no.

Glad to have some new PCF friends at the game. Thanks for coming @Highli99 , @longflop , @Redbelly , @arch3r , and my other cast of regulars. @Chippy McChiperson , @kirchhausen , @Cliff , @MikesDad , @PhilLaFond

I did have a chip casualty though. Thank goodness for spares.

View attachment 276154
Do you know how the chip casualty occurred?

Congrats on the win - great way to kick off the new season. Cash game wasn’t the same without you.

Btw, you should’ve received a message about the $2 cards. Let me know if you don’t want all 16 setups - I’ll be happy to buy back a couple if you want to lighten the load.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom