Starting Stack Thread (1 Viewer)

I didn't count the big stacks. Just assumed it was 12/12/7=$50. I like 20/20/7 better. I was thinking of handing out more quarters and singles in my starting stacks. More chips to stack.

Lemme know how you like it.

Its how i usually do it when were short handed.

One hundred dollar buy ins are 12x .25, 17 x 1, 16 x 5.

Garden City T100 set

12 - .25's, 12 - $1's, 7 - $5's & 5 - $10's

0622172013a.jpg

I think they signal a double-negative coming...

(Actually, I think @detroitdad intends to allow players to call for a double board... BTW, Bill, that double board chip should go into the pot and whoever pulls that pot should get to keep the chip, just like a bounty... Keep them all in the action = more double boards.)

That is a good idea. Everyone starts with two double board chips. In the past, when you played them, they were removed from the table. Any add ons or rebuys of more than 20 bucks got you another one.

I like your plan erik. The problem is, there are a couple of players that don't care for double board and won't call it. If they happen to be collecting the chips they could hoard them.

I could add in that you can only have a max of two at any time.

What's the difference between if they are hoarded or they are removed from play? You can still hand them out on rebuys, if you have enough total chips.

If you invoke the two-chip max rule and the double board winner(s) already have two chips, just leave it in the pot like a kill chip for the next player without 2 chips to pull. Maybe award it only if the double board is a scoop, otherwise it comes out of play.

If you give it out to one player in a split pot game, guess I'd give it to second/bottom board, because that board doesn't exist without the chip, but that's totally arbitrary.

If I play a chip before the deal on a double board game, do we get a triple board?

Last edited:
What's the difference with if they are hoarded or they are removed from play? You can still hand them out on rebuys, if you have enough total chips.

If you invoke the two-chip max rule and the double board winner(s) already have two chips, just leave it in the pot like a kill chip for the next player without 2 chips to pull. Maybe award it only if the double board is a scoop, otherwise it comes out of play.

If you give it out to one player in a split pot game, guess I'd give it to second/bottom board, because that board doesn't exist without the chip, but that's totally arbitrary.

If I play a chip before the deal on a double board game, do we get a triple board?

I only have 21 double board chips. Tonight won't be a problem. Were only playing six handed (hint hint). If it was a full table game. The only hoarders I would be concerned about are the ones that don't call double board. Most of the guys the double board tokens are burning a hole in the pocket. They save them for the NLHE round and call Double Board PLO.

Tonight is also a little different than the normal format. Were doing dealers choice. I'm not sure how I'm going to institute the double board chips at this point.

Hosting a short handed 25c/50c deep stack PLO game tomorrow night. Here are the first 6 $200 starting stacks.

Using the PCA's for this game since my quarters haven't arrived from CPC for The Club House set yet.

View attachment 107275

Those quarters would look great with my PNY's. Just saying :)

Have fun. Late summer/early fall I'd like to try and make one of your games.

20170629_173445.jpg
Was going to get these babies going for my Final Tournament I hosted but I had more players then expected. A good problem to have. :)

Had to go back to my mega set of Gamblers Pleasure. They always do the trick. (y) :thumbsup:
20160909_180804.jpg

20170106_180613.jpg

Last edited:
Zaya with diet Dr. Pepper is my go-to non-bourbon poker drink.

we generally start out with $10k stacks and $25/$50 blinds. Starting chips stacks are 8x$25/8x$100/8x$500/ 5x$1000. we will run off the $25 after the first hour. if we have enough players to justify it, we will use the $25 chips as $2,500 in later stages

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom