Sports Trash Talk (2 Viewers)

No matter the outcome.

dd8b7bcb3e8642a60aead0e43aeb7bfc.png
=
3597242_z.jpg

I'm just going to leave this here, and maybe in 2-3 months I can quote it and say I told you so.
The Patriots look good and will keep getting better. This is at minimum a playoff team, but the sky's the limit.
Last night's game reminded me of week 10 in 2001 vs the Rams. The Rams were the shit and the patriots weren't shit. But they hung with the Rams every step of the way and only lost because of a freak fumble by Kevin Faulk on the goal line. That game opened my eyes. And last night might have been the same sort of this for this team. The defense is great. Special teams have been great (except for a couple of stupid mistakes last night.) And the offense is starting to look at least functional and maybe more.

I'm just going to leave this here, and maybe in 2-3 months I can quote it and say I told you so.

Special teams have been great (except for a couple of stupid mistakes last night.)
You are the first team this year to be down by double digits at half to the Raiders and not win.

As less of a joke, I just don’t get what’s going on in NE. Raiders fans are subject matter experts in dysfunction, and your offense is as dysfunctional as it comes. Not that it necessarily translates to a bad result, but whether it’s implementation, walkthrough, play calling, or whatever - the product is absolute trash.

You’re wasting a fantastic defense and solid QB on rookie contract (one of the only ways to win a SB). Time to play call, getting the right packages on the field, lining up correctly - every week these are horrendous. Everyone’s going to attack Mac Jones for disposition and emotion, but the dude is driving a car chock full of clowns.

Never thought I’d see the day where Patriots coaching and organization were the weak spot.

You are the first team this year to be down by double digits at half to the Raiders and not win.

As less of a joke, I just don’t get what’s going on in NE. Raiders fans are subject matter experts in dysfunction, and your offense is as dysfunctional as it comes. Not that it necessarily translates to a bad result, but whether it’s implementation, walkthrough, play calling, or whatever - the product is absolute trash.

You’re wasting a fantastic defense and solid QB on rookie contract (one of the only ways to win a SB). Time to play call, getting the right packages on the field, lining up correctly - every week these are horrendous. Everyone’s going to attack Mac Jones for disposition and emotion, but the dude is driving a car chock full of clowns.

Never thought I’d see the day where Patriots coaching and organization were the weak spot.
Mac Jones is a solid QB? I was at the Cardinals games where the “we want Zapee” chants were going up every 5 minutes.

So now the 29 other owners are butthurt about Steve Cohen actually putting his money where his mouth is to make his team better and making them look bad? Sounds like a lot of sour grapes.

https://theathletic.com/4026971/2022/12/22/mets-steve-cohen-spending?source=user-shared-article
It’s gonna be like international soccer in a few years where there are always 4-6 teams that compete and nobody else has a snowball’s chance in hell. Shit, we’re almost there already.

The parity in football (NFL) makes it fun IMO. Even the late 90s Yankees were largely homegrown - but those days are seemingly gone.

Baseball is so broken anyway - Jesus, don’t get me started.

It’s gonna be like international soccer in a few years where there are always 4-6 teams that compete and nobody else has a snowball’s chance in hell. Shit, we’re almost there already.

The parity in football (NFL) makes it fun IMO. Even the late 90s Yankees were largely homegrown - but those days are seemingly gone.

Baseball is so broken anyway - Jesus, don’t get me started.
Baseball is so unpredictable though, so I don't believe it'll be as you describe. The Guardians, Mariners, Phillies, Padres, hell, even the Mets last year, are testament that it's not always the same teams competing in the postseason. There being no parity in baseball is largely due to the owners. They're just upset that Cohen is exposing them for not spending money on their teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom