South Carolina (1 Viewer)

BBelichick

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently moved to South Carolina and was shocked to find out home games are illegal. Can anyone let me know if this is actually enforced on micro stake home games amongst friends? Will the police waste their time on something like that here?

Hello,

I have recently moved to South Carolina and was shocked to find out home games are illegal. Can anyone let me know if this is actually enforced on micro stake home games amongst friends? Will the police waste their time on something like that here?
Not unless you give them a reason to. Civil servants will break up your game and sell your stuff if you make it too obvious: tons of cars outside/on the lawn, noise, non-covered windows, flyers. If they get a noise complaint, more likely to visit.

Bottom line is almost definitely not, but there's always a chance so don't be stupid about it.

Not unless you give them a reason to.
I second this. As long as you don't advertise, you should be good!

For small-stakes poker nights between friends, there's not much to worry about. The real trouble comes with large-scale games where thousands of dollars are changing hands; in these cases, SLED has laid down the hammer.
https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_5ead2eb7-14c1-5ccd-96ee-1022001a1b73.html
I blame this bust for why finding home games in SC is so hard. I have heard some people call SC the "Black Hole of Poker".

Thanks guys. It's very unfortunate that is the case here. Honestly shocking. I'll keep it on the down low. Thanks again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom