Wanted Someone to clean ~250 chips (ultrasonic?) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalojim

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I recently came into a couple a few racks of used Empress chips. They're really filthy, dirtier than any of the Empress I've had previously. Cleaning these by hand will just take too long and I'm not up for it.

So, I'm looking to see if anybody who is experienced is willing to ultrasonic these shaped leaded chips for me. I don't really know what a fair price for this service would be. Hit me up and we can discuss if you're interested.

Thanks!

I have an industrial ultrasonic but no experience using it with chips. If you were close, you could have use of it. By chance you ever pass thru Virginia?

I have an industrial ultrasonic but no experience using it with chips. If you were close, you could have use of it. By chance you ever pass thru Virginia?
I have not been down that way, but thank you :)

I have some 5s I can take a pic of later but some of the 25s I have are representative.
PXL_20211020_005855287.jpg

Those look like they would clean up easily in about 45-60 seconds in an ultrasonic + tsp bath. You might get some slight fading is all.

Those look like they would clean up easily in about 45-60 seconds in an ultrasonic + tsp bath. You might get some slight fading is all.
I've read a little about US cleaning and heard that some fading can occur. I'm hoping a little smattering of oil will bring them back to life. I think I'm mostly concerned about water damage to the inlay, that would suck.

Yea, I agree. Older chips like that are a little sketchy, but mostly works fine.

How many racks do you have?

I've read a little about US cleaning and heard that some fading can occur. I'm hoping a little smattering of oil will bring them back to life. I think I'm mostly concerned about water damage to the inlay, that would suck.
If they were mine, I would do just a two or three as a test run and see if you are satisfied with the results.

I have never cleaned old leaded chips such as these, but the Jack Cinci chips take about 60 minutes in the ultrasonic before the inlays start to become damaged. I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about with soaking these for a few minutes, but a test run of a few chips wouldn't hurt.

How many racks need cleaned? I have an ultrasonic and some upcoming leave. And I'm not far away/might be making a trip to Buffalo around Dec. 17.
I have a rack of 5s and a little more than a rack of 25s, around 250 chips total.

If it wasn't obvious I am willing to ship the chips, pay you for your service, and the pay to have them shipped back.

The 5s I have are a bit dirtier inside of the H&C than the 25s above. If it wasn't for that and having to get in there with a dental pick to scrape all the crud out, I'd just do them by hand like all the other ones I've done.

I've got the same chips and received them in similar shape. I could ultrasonic and compression edge oil them for ya. I'm in Illinois, so shipping would have to happen. Shoot me a PM!

I'm not a pro, but I'm willing to try if you want me to. These were about the worst chips I've cleaned - this was @SJFCPK18's first set of chips that I cleaned for him as a "welcome to chipping" gift. Before/after ultrasonic, some needed a wipe with a magic eraser, and then the oil+water method.

1611179971594-png.618540

Washing these by hand really wouldn't be that much effort imo. I would be willing to do it on the dirt cheap. Ultrasonic fades chip colors whereas hand washing doesn't nearly as much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom