So sad on these lost chips (1 Viewer)

Changster

Full House
Reaction score
This is another one of those lost USPS package threads. It’s the first time I’ve experienced it after at least 100 packages back and forth. But this package was a gem of a package!!

This was shipped from Michigan, which usually gets transported to Chicago’s International Airport before it gets sent to me. It’s been about a month now with no tracking updates. :cautious::cautious::cautious::vomit::vomit::vomit:

Last edited:
For good luck’s sake I’m going to send 5 random people a free sample from this package (and yes, breaking up the racks) on my expense if the package shows up!!

Knock on wood.
In for this if they turn up. Knock on wood for you! Have you had the sender open an inquiry? Usually after that, movement on "lost" packages occurs.

I had the same happen to me recently. Tracking showed “in transit to the next facility” for 3 weeks, twice. One time was after reaching Chicago Airport. The chips eventually showed up though…fingers crossed!

FWIW I had a USPS package to me go 6 weeks without being scanned after the original post office in Texas before I convinced the eBay seller to open a USPS claim...the package got scanned the very next morning. There's always hope, best of luck

Oh boy, I really hope your shipment arrives. That's a pretty expensive package to go missing. I have to believe it will eventually show it's face. I assume you filed a claim and did your due diligence? Please keep us updated and I hope everything works out for you :)

FWIW I had a USPS package to me go 6 weeks without being scanned after the original post office in Texas before I convinced the eBay seller to open a USPS claim...the package got scanned the very next morning. There's always hope, best of luck

When it is Canada post I just tell them there is a rifle or pistol in the package. This has always resulted in a 24hr or less find of the package. I have done this regardless of what contents are actually in the package. Not sure if this would have any effect in the USA but you could try that also. I had a pistol missing in the mail for over a month that turned up in 4 hours and arrived the next day to my house after I reported it lost and asked whether I should inform the RCMP (federal cops) to investigate its last known whereabouts.

This is another one of those lost USPS package threads. It’s the first time I’ve experienced it after at least 100 packages back and forth. But this package was a gem of a package!!

This was shipped from Michigan, which usually gets transported to Chicago’s International Airport before it gets sent to me. It’s been about a month no with no tracking updates. :cautious::cautious::cautious::vomit::vomit::vomit:

Oh damn!!! So so sorry to see this!! ):

My package also went off the radar In Chicago also. 5 weeks and counting. Its annoying because there was 2 boxes. 1 arrived and 1 didnt. My chips arent as exciting as those but sucks just the same. Hope both our chips turn up eventually.

Screenshot_20210710-152218_USPS Mobile.jpg
Screenshot_20210710-152246_USPS Mobile.jpg

I had a Guam to domestic USA package take an extra 2 or 3 months with no tracking updates. Then one day it magically appeared... Pretty sure your stuff is still out there.

I had the same happen to me recently. Tracking showed “in transit to the next facility” for 3 weeks, twice. One time was after reaching Chicago Airport. The chips eventually showed up though…fingers crossed!

This is definitely reassuring as it was also from Chicago. Let’s hope for the best.

I once had a Canada to CONUS package get stuck for 4 weeks between scans, only to be scanned and then disappear for another 4 weeks. But it did make it eventually. Hope yours will too

Sorry to hear that Isaac, every chipper's nightmare, and it had to happen on such a nice package. Really hope they turn up for you buddy, keep us posted

When it is Canada post I just tell them there is a rifle or pistol in the package. This has always resulted in a 24hr or less find of the package. I have done this regardless of what contents are actually in the package. Not sure if this would have any effect in the USA but you could try that also. I had a pistol missing in the mail for over a month that turned up in 4 hours and arrived the next day to my house after I reported it lost and asked whether I should inform the RCMP (federal cops) to investigate its last known whereabouts.
Wow!

Please share more! So you had a package that wasn’t a weapon, but you reported it as such, and it was found immediately? Did they look inside to check?? I can’t imagine what would happen when they expect to find a gun and instead find poker chips or something else - would they assume one of the employees replaced the weapon with something random? Seems quite precarious

These days, every shipment I have I am not comfortable even if it has landed in the country. Sometimes on tracking it shows that the packages is in Japan and then back to LA and then no news......and finally it does show up!

Even something can happen during the last mile.

Goodluck, hope for you that the package will show up!!

Wow!

Please share more! So you had a package that wasn’t a weapon, but you reported it as such, and it was found immediately? Did they look inside to check?? I can’t imagine what would happen when they expect to find a gun and instead find poker chips or something else - would they assume one of the employees replaced the weapon with something random? Seems quite precarious

not exactly. the first issue I ever really had with a shipping delay was with an actual pistol that went missing after being shipped here in Canada. (In Canada licensed owners may transfer registered firearms to a new owner then ship the item. This process takes several days/weeks for approval from the government before the seller can then ship/hand over the registered firearm to the new owner. So technically the new owner is responsible for their new property in the mail system....._yeah so anyway....) After several weeks of no notice of an update on shipping I called to report it missing.....the postal clerk on the phone was oh yeah and what is the value/contents of the item lost. I told her a 9mm Berretta Inox and miraculously the pistol was found within hours after mentioning that the RCMP would have to follow up at its last location. I remember that transfer of registration took over a month before the seller could even ship it.. On other occasions there were unexpected delays afterwards and if ever they asked what was inside since i tell them a pistol or rifle which sometimes it is and sometimes not. A cool sword that was hung up in shipping well...rifle.....box of poker chips...pistol..... ok i think I have done this 3x total.

I'd try not to worry too much about them being lost, dude. I had two pretty integral USPS packages sent to me here in the UK in May; one turned up out of the blue after a long period of no tracking updates, nott to mention a spell in Vancouver!

Screenshot_20210710_121942.jpg

Screenshot_20210710_122326.jpg

One-month gap with no tracking update at the bottom, identical to your situation.

Had a USPS package stop movement for 3 weeks as well. Got sender to raise query, started moving again next day and got it a couple of days later. All is not lost!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom