Site News - TapaTalk, Mobile App, Attachments (1 Viewer)

Push notifications is the only + IMO. I still plan on using the mobile browser version. ;)

I'm 99% sure I'll continue to use the mobile browser version as well. Maybe I'm just used to it after over a year of using it, but I'm very happy with the mobile browser version of the site.

Yes I like the mobil browser as well but I am trying to see how I will like the PCF App. I would like to see how it evolves.

I do like the push notifications but would like to see them be a bit more specific in the future.

The mobile browser is the only choice for me, be it chrome or safari the board and every one of it's features looks great and works flawlessly 99.9% of the time for me. One thing that I read in this thread that made some sense to me though @abby99 was that people who have low data limits on their phone don't like the fact that when you open a thread every picture that is posted in that thread is loaded automatically on the mobile browser but not in tapatalk. I'm not very conscious of my data at all and am on the "web" on my phone a LOT through out the day, plus fantasy football apps and instagram for FPV drone stuff, and I don't use much data at all compared to a lot of people, I feel like pictures in a thread are a small portion of what I do use but I may be wrong. For someone that has a tiny data allowance (what, it would have to be 1gb/month or less, right?) I can see the forum apps being a nice thing to not load all the pictures, so there's that, but other than that I'm not sure I could come up with a reason valid enough that I would want to use a stripped down version of something that works beautifully on mobile devices.

Edit to add: even after saying that, of course I'll have this app on my phones, because as I said before, it's PCF so fuck yeah to all the things!!! ;) :D

I don't see myself switching to an app (I'm not a fan of push notifications to begin with), but some of the pr0n threads aren't always marked as such. I recall accidentally going into one of them on mobile, and it chewed through a significant amount of data on my phone (60-70MB) before I realized it. Of course, if you wander into the "Gone but not forgotten" or "WTF" threads, well...

The push notifications are nice and they are handy when tagged or receiving a PM but it would be nice to be able to pick and choose if it's not difficult to implement... phone beeping for "likes" are a tad bit annoying :D

I don't hate the mobile site I just find the apps faster and easier to navigate one handed when reading new posts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom