Silverdome still standing!! (1 Viewer)

What?! Some pieces fell off right in the middle of the screen...

I'm thinking the guys who built the Silverdome and smiling widely this morning.

And this tweet summed it up perfectly.

OK.png

Did you see how many cars are in the parking lot?!?

I saw this but your local news channel 4 said that it was planned that way. They were not expecting it to fall stating that it would take a long time to do a thorough cleanup. Then again another local news source said the it was a failed implosion.

A local podcast interviewed one of the heads of the company that did the implosion... Unfortunately, the website for the podcast is currently down, so I can't hear the interview. Last week, they discovered that they were hacked by someone mining bitcoin.

I saw this but your local news channel 4 said that it was planned that way. They were not expecting it to fall stating that it would take a long time to do a thorough cleanup. Then again another local news source said the it was a failed implosion.

It was a failed implosion. It was supposed to happen at 0830 yesterday. I think only 10% of the explosive devices actually exploded due to screwed up/faulty wiring.

The Lions seem to have this kind of thing down pat. Just when it looks like they are going to implode, they don't quite completely destroy themselves.........

Long time lions fan here. Ugh! Saw my first concert there back in 1988. The Monsters of Rock tour with: Van Halen, scorpions, Dokken, Metallica, and kingdom come. Ted Nugent came on stage and played with Eddie Van Halen. If THAT didn't bring the stadium down, nothing will!!

I took my oldest daughter to a Lions game at the Silverdome. She was 8 at the time. I believe the Lions beat Bernie Kosar and the Cleveland Browns that day. Best Lions game that I ever attended.

My son and middle daughter attended numerous Monster Truck races there. People watching at those events is absolutely fantastic :)

Long time lions fan here. Ugh! Saw my first concert there back in 1988. The Monsters of Rock tour with: Van Halen, scorpions, Dokken, Metallica, and kingdom come. Ted Nugent came on stage and played with Eddie Van Halen. If THAT didn't bring the stadium down, nothing will!!

I was at that show too.

I attended a few Lions games there, and also saw some Pistons games there back in the 80's. I was a photographer/sports writer for a local weekly newspaper (my first full time job) and I got floor passes when local high school teams would play before a Pistons game. The press pass allowed me to stay on the court and shoot pics of the Pistons game....got pics of Larry Bird and the Celtics, Magic Johnson and the Lakers, George Gervin and the Spurs to name a few. It was a great thrill for me when I was in my early 20's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom