Auction SHUFFLETECH 1000 - Automatic Card Shuffler [Auction Ends TONIGHT: FRI-JULY-31 @9pm] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dave,

Any estimates on shipping as we get closer to this end date?

While I was going to check shipping estimates for all corners of the globe, I was hoping someone could clarify what it’s like receiving a parcel in the USA. I know that there are shipping costs and duties, but when you receive the parcel, do they charge you any fees to receive it?

I will work with the auction winner to find the best way to get the parcel to them that is cost efficient.

So the short answer is I can’t see the cost being too much as the parcel isn’t that large or heavy... can someone from USA who has ordered from Canada confirm the costs for smaller parcels and any hidden duties?

With all that said, the current cost of this shuffletech is far less than what the amazon or eBay sales are going for so the shipping is not a make or break I feel.

Sorry if that isn’t helpful... I would be shocked if shipping was greater than $100cad.

Good luck to all!!!

If it is made in the USA, there should be no duties (thanks to NAFTA or whatever they are calling it now). Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there are no US federal taxes (comparable to GST or VAT) on cross border (or any) purchases. There may be state sales taxes depending on destination, but usually that is up to the receiver to pay. I'm not sure if USPS gets involved in collecting those fees (the way Canada Post does for GST/HST/Provincial Sales Tax when the value exceeds a threshold), or if it is on an honor system.

Note: avoid couriers like Fedex or UPS, as they will probably charge an obscene fee for brokerage, even if no taxes or duties are applicable.

What is the year of manufacture? Is it one of the older models that is no longer serviced, or one of the newer ones that they will still repair?

What is the year of manufacture? Is it one of the older models that is no longer serviced, or one of the newer ones that they will still repair?

I am not sure the year, but it looks identical to all of the models i see on eBay... if anyone knows how to read the model# code I can tell you that...

If it was built before 2009 Shuffletech can't repair it (per Rick Schultz). He didn't specify why, so I'm guessing some internal parts have changed as I just bought a new unit late last year and it's exterior appearance is identical to an 2008 model I have.

And per a recent email I got from Chip Gray, the serial number cutoff is B12500. But I'm not sure how their serial numbers work.

Last edited:
If it was built before 2009 Shuffletech can't repair it (per Rick Schultz). He didn't specify why, so I'm guessing some internal parts have changed as I just bought a new unit late last year and it's exterior appearance is identical to an 2008 model I have.

And per a recent email I got from Chip Gray, the serial number cutoff is B12500. But I'm not sure how their serial numbers work.
Thanks for that info.

Meaning any number less than that is a pre- 2008 model?

Meaning any number less than that is a pre- 2008 model?

Pic of my old broken unit. Hand scrawled serial:

IMG_20200731_163040.jpg

And pic of my brand new unit. Printed serial tag:

IMG_20200731_163138.jpg

Judging by the serial of my new one I'm guessing lower than B12500 is pre-2009.

Well looks like with all the weeks of buildup... everyone fell asleep at the wheel and only @Kakeesh was the only one who knows how to tell time. He swooped in in the last 5mins!

Congrats @Kakeesh!

Send a PM with your details and we will discuss shipping etc. etc. and when I can get the shuffler out to you!

Thanks!

I think in this case it was timing. Maybe the longer raffle was a negative. If it were 1-2 weeks it would have caused excitement and bidding wars to a certain point. Thought for sure this was going to go for around 5 bills.
congrats on the sale.

I guess lesson learned. I just had something to look forward to and I was hoping to cut into the cost of the cards mold gb with this. definitely expected more interest, but oh well.

Lately I have been having a hell of a time dealing with local online selling up here in Toronto... buyers have been ridiculous with keeping times and scheduling pick ups... with all this covid crap going on, you would think that scheduling a reminder or event in your calendar is not a tough ask, but some might say "if people really really really wanted it, they would've made a point of being here".

SoCal here she comes!

I was thinking of putting in a bid, but the non-repairable issue was a deal breaker for me. Hopefully the auction winner gets many years of enjoyment from it before it needs a repair. At that price it seems like a good deal.

Just so everyone knows... life got pretty busy and to be honest I should have gotten this in the mail sooner to @Kakeesh - I apologize for the delay but I wanted to ensure he got the mounting kit and the proper packaging to keep it safe when transporting.

The shock that I have is the fact that the parcel made it to him so quickly. From Toronto to SoCal, it took less than a week!!!!!!!!!! After all the horror stories i hope we can have some regained faith in the US-CANADA postal service!!!

Just so everyone knows... life got pretty busy and to be honest I should have gotten this in the mail sooner to @Kakeesh - I apologize for the delay but I wanted to ensure he got the mounting kit and the proper packaging to keep it safe when transporting.

The shock that I have is the fact that the parcel made it to him so quickly. From Toronto to SoCal, it took less than a week!!!!!!!!!! After all the horror stories i hope we can have some regained faith in the US-CANADA postal service!!!

I have had 2 shipments from @Gear this month that have both arrived in a week or less :tup:

Hmmmmmmmm.....yea, gotta take the good with the bad, because traffic coming in is still quite a problem..
View attachment 515972

Must be going in and not coming out. That sucks @Jeevansluck the anticipation is worse than the kid from the Christmas Story

9ca08c946ce1000d488f3c0e2d9e5b34.gif

Something had to of happened to your package. That's a long time to not have a scan on the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom