Show Us Your Live Stacks (28 Viewers)

$3/6 HORSE

IMG_20230527_233345.jpg
IMG_20230527_233412.jpg

Rebought and then got some strange value on KT967 ….I had K8 OOP and opened it early, K5 IP defended button.

Flop KT9 I bet V raised I called
Turn KT96 I check V bet I called
River KT967 I donk jam with my rivered straifht for 75% pot and somehow K5 found a call

View attachment 1141634
Donk bets into Donkeys are GTO-approved. Haha!
Nice run so far! This is for the $1k main right? I had a chance to come out but got busy at home/family. My good friend got 3rd in the $400 bounty one :)

Side note about Winstar: Can someone tell me why do they have sexy RHC paulsons for tournaments and dog shit ceramics for Cash!?
Ytho GIF
Until 2019 they were RHC, but switched them to ceramics. Kept same “spots” in the ceramics. Not sure what the motivation for that change was

Also, the dealers mentioned the RHC set is their “backup” tourney set. The main tourney set is, you guessed it, dog shit ceramic. With a purple 5k chip of all things. Atrocious.

Here’s the cash chips I have, ceramic on left, RHC on right
E187F7AE-7ECF-454F-91FD-0C9DD931813B.jpeg
C1033410-9079-4C0F-8314-C473AE25FCFB.jpeg

Until 2019 they were RHC, but switched them to ceramics. Kept same “spots” in the ceramics. Not sure what the motivation for that change was
Yeah, peculiar because that RHC cash lineup seems decent.
Also, the dealers mentioned the RHC set is their “backup” tourney set. The main tourney set is, you guessed it, dog shit ceramic. With a purple 5k chip of all things. Atrocious.
Oh boy.
Here’s the cash chips I have, ceramic on left, RHC on right
View attachment 1142261View attachment 1142262
Thanks for the info my dude! I appreciate it :)
All the best in the main event and the rest of the series!

How’s the room?
It finds a way to disappoint me every time I show up I feel like.

I’m in school, so I only play 1/3 and have no experience with other stakes at this place at all.

The players tel me how good it used to be and how it’s falling, and I kinda see it myself.
Drinks are finally complimentary again after so much backlash. There’s no high hands until July, this bad beat they have is the last one they will have, there’s no other promotions except sundays now. The rake is atrocious, the service takes a while, the dealers are mostly good minus a couple.

It’s weird. If there was another room that was close to me like encore is, id rather go there. Games are hit or miss with the action some times. I only go here because I am living right next to it basically and I miss playing poker so much.

It finds a way to disappoint me every time I show up I feel like.

I’m in school, so I only play 1/3 and have no experience with other stakes at this place at all.

The players tel me how good it used to be and how it’s falling, and I kinda see it myself.
Drinks are finally complimentary again after so much backlash. There’s no high hands until July, this bad beat they have is the last one they will have, there’s no other promotions except sundays now. The rake is atrocious, the service takes a while, the dealers are mostly good minus a couple.

It’s weird. If there was another room that was close to me like encore is, id rather go there. Games are hit or miss with the action some times. I only go here because I am living right next to it basically and I miss playing poker so much.
Ah gotcha! Yeah I know the pain of the shittyroom my local place is PBKC and it’s ass. They do a 2/1/2 structure ($2 BTN blind, $1 small, $2 big) which is to prevent people chopping the blinds. They do that because they drop $2 no matter what so if you raise BTN and take the blinds it’s a chop between you and the house (you actually make less than them bc the $2 BTN blind is yours). Combined with horrid rake, bad dealers, no free drinks, no comps, and a litany of other things is why I stopped going. What school do you go to? MIT? I’ll be in Boston in late July so if you have some good recommendations let me know!

Ah gotcha! Yeah I know the pain of the shittyroom my local place is PBKC and it’s ass. They do a 2/1/2 structure ($2 BTN blind, $1 small, $2 big) which is to prevent people chopping the blinds. They do that because they drop $2 no matter what so if you raise BTN and take the blinds it’s a chop between you and the house (you actually make less than them bc the $2 BTN blind is yours). Combined with horrid rake, bad dealers, no free drinks, no comps, and a litany of other things is why I stopped going. What school do you go to? MIT? I’ll be in Boston in late July so if you have some good recommendations let me know!
No, I’m not smart enough for MIT haha

I’m at North Bennet Street School right now. It’s a great place.

That room you’re describing sounds miserable tbh. I still have fun at encore, don’t get me wrong. The game can be good with great action and good people at the tables, but I always want to warn people about what it is now. It feels like they are trying to discourage poker in a way. If you ask people their opinion of the room, you will mostly hear complaints at this point I’d say.

I haven’t played at Chasers yet, or been to MGM or Foxwoods. I hear Foxwoods is great from almost everyone though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom