Show Us Your Live Stacks (20 Viewers)

home game 2/5.

Attachments

• DA56DC63-A442-4730-A5B3-9B60AE5C514C.jpeg
    DA56DC63-A442-4730-A5B3-9B60AE5C514C.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 203
Cream got splattered all over the wall last game, but we got some of it back tonight. Left a winner tonight.
Im hoping to make some cream tonight. Keep getting sucked out on Im my last 3 sessions. Been losing some big pots to 1 and 2 outers. Last big one I lost where I had Nut straight with NFD draw on the flop and he called it all off on the turn chasing a K high flush and rivered a 1 outer to make a straight flush. :vomit:

Im hoping to make some cream tonight. Keep getting sucked out on Im my last 3 sessions. Been losing some big pots to 1 and 2 outers. Last big one I lost where I had Nut straight with NFD draw on the flop and he called it all off on the turn chasing a K high flush and rivered a 1 outer to make a straight flush. :vomit:
Keep swinging till the bankroll is bone dry!!

5/5 with mandatory straddle (10-25).

I always get confused when I see a game listed as x/x then a mandatory straddle. Out of curiosity, why not just call this game 5/10 or even 10/25?

Understand that it gets more players in to start, but why not just call it 5/10/25 from the get go? This to keep the buy in down or something else I am missing?

I would typically just say 5/5/25, but given that the straddle technically ranges from 10-25 I thought I would be more detailed. If u want the full details, after an hour or so, it just goes to 5/5/25, and after midnight the max straddle is 50.

I would typically just say 5/5/25, but given that the straddle technically ranges from 10-25 I thought I would be more detailed. If u want the full details, after an hour or so, it just goes to 5/5/25, and after midnight the max straddle is 50.
Anyone got an idiot’s guide for how a straddle works? Think I kind of get it but I’m a bit hard of thinking

Now that is a poker game. I would not have to balls to play that. I get nervous when my McDonalds order goes over $5.

Anyone got an idiot’s guide for how a straddle works? Think I kind of get it but I’m a bit hard of thinking

I'm an idiot!

Think of the straddle as a predefined raise immediately after the big blind. It can move the option for last action one or more spaces to the left, depending if multiple straddles are allowed.

How do you decide who straddles? Can more than one person straddle? Is the point of it just to get more money in the pot?

How do you decide who straddles? Can more than one person straddle? Is the point of it just to get more money in the pot?
Usually, under the gun becomes the 3rd blind or straddle. Some games allow 1 straddle. Some games allow multiple straddles. It can get silly.

The purpose is to build a bigger pot I guess.

Usually, under the gun becomes the 3rd blind or straddle. Some games allow 1 straddle. Some games allow multiple straddles. It can get silly.

The purpose is to build a bigger pot I guess.
Hmmmm not sure about whether that would work in my game. Probably need to try it out and see how it goes.

Normally you decide yourself, but it has to be done before the cards are dealt, and it has to be in a size that adheres to the straddle rules of the establishment (normally a min-raise), otherwise it's just a dark raise meaning you can't raise if it's just called. A live straddle, on the other hand, can raise if called to.

Mandatory straddles, on the other hand, seem to me to just be additional blinds.

We have a semi mandatory straddle in all pot limit games - the action players all straddle, and the nits don't. The action players have created a work around - any time a nit is in the straddle and doesn't, one of the action players min raises while announcing "nit tax".

We have a semi mandatory straddle in all pot limit games - the action players all straddle, and the nits don't. The action players have created a work around - any time a nit is in the straddle and doesn't, one of the action players min raises while announcing "nit tax".
We have a work around too. Our table is a must move table ..... if u r a nit, u must move..... :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom