Wanted Show 'em!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalojim

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hey, anyone have 10-20 Show 'em chips? Custom THC's perhaps? That would be amazing but I'll take pretty much anything, as long as it's 39mm. I am aware you can order some from the vendors but if a member has some lying around collecting dust, I'm your guy.

Not lame; lots of people do it. I think it's fine. But you could start with starbursts, then practice milling them and then get your own Show Em labels made :) ... it's a great mini-project.

Maybe I'll go that route. Might be going that route for bounty chips actually. Waiting to hear from @Gear about some possible bounty label designs :)

My group loves the 'Show'em' chip! These are currently in use (sorry - not available) but it might give you some design ideas...

2020-11-12 14.48.49.jpg

I've also have a generic 'NCV' chip in some of my sets for Show'ems. Gives you a little more flexibility if you decide you want to use them as rebuys/bounties/whatever.

1605218532093.png
1605218542738.png
1605218557927.png

And I concur... using a Starburst is not lame. A perfect use for them IMHO.

I've also have a generic 'NCV' chip in some of my sets for Show'ems. Gives you a little more flexibility if you decide you want to use them as rebuys/bounties/whatever.

View attachment 572714View attachment 572715View attachment 572716

And I concur... using a Starburst is not lame. A perfect use for them IMHO.
Awesome. I only meant I didn't want to use a starburst as is. I wanted something with a label. Your 3 above are great. I love the Palais and middle one.

If you are stuck on the "custom THC", it would involve milling and relabeling. Maybe @Josh Kifer has something up his sleeve for this.
He would be the go to. I've never murdered anything yet but I have some murderables heading my way. Still undecided. Just thought I post this thread for some ideas and/or if people had unused ones laying around. THC would be ideal but they would have to be custom, of course.

Looking for ideas on how to best implement such a chip...
Do you all just give everyone a show'em chip at the beginning of the night?
Do you sell them?
Does the money go to whoever has the chip at cash out?

I used it once for a cash table. It was added to the first two pots of the night. After that once someone used one on you it was yours to use at your discretion.

I bit the bullet and ordered 10 each of these to check out. Cheap enough to see how I like em. Tombstone is one of my favorite movies so this fits perfectly :)
docsreward_360x.png
blueshowem_360x.png

Never used Show 'em chips before but the plan was to give one to each player and if they used it against you, it's yours to use. I think it could be pretty fun.

I bit the bullet and ordered 10 each of these to check out. Cheap enough to see how I like em. Tombstone is one of my favorite movies so this fits perfectly :)
View attachment 572867View attachment 572868
Never used Show 'em chips before but the plan was to give one to each player and if they used it against you, it's yours to use. I think it could be pretty fun.
I love those!

Also when I use them they get played once then are out of play. so buy an add on you get a show em chip that you can use 1 time

Last edited:
80% of my group are non serious players. These would only ever be used in a tournament environment. I think it could be fun, but you only get one. I implemented the bounty and they like that. Optional $10 bounty chip on top of your buy-in. Cash em out at the end of the night. Last week I started doing a high hand. We take $5 off the top of each buy-in and whoever has the highest hand for night gets some cash. My players are stingy and cheap and any way to give them a chance to earn some extra cheese will hopefully bring them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom