Should Majestics be oiled? (1 Viewer)

my source says a light oiling would do wonders
asian_baby_2_med.jpg

You are opening up a can of worms but I oiled mine and they did fine

You are opening up a can of worms but I oiled mine and they did fine

Thanks. I have a custom clay set that looked and felt much better after oiling. Wasn't sure about the majestics.

Don't use a lot and it will soak in. It did with mine. No residue

I wasn't going to oil mine until I did a barrel of the quarters to compare. 2 days later I had oiled a thousand of them. It makes a pretty big difference.

Edit: Didn't oil just quarters. Did the oranges, whites and purples as well. The least amount of difference was with the whites, but it was still noticible. I took some pics of the pinks I think. Will have a look.

Last edited:
A crappy phone pic, and the light was pretty bad, but you can still see it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160216_205215149.jpg
    IMG_20160216_205215149.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 239
Oil, sparingly. Some colors will look amaze-balls afterwards
^^^

There will be differing opinions on whether oil works but for me, it really worked. I oil the faces and edges and let it soak for a few hours. Wipe dry, flip, get the other side wet and let soak for a few hours. Dry off. Don't get the label oily and don't use too much.

I use a tiny paintbrush and spend countless hours doing it because it's my nirvana. Others like to get it done as fast as possible.

Oiling chips for me = raking a zen garden.

*drops the mic*

Whoops. Sorry I dropped the mic.

I use a tiny paintbrush and spend countless hours doing it because it's my nirvana.
Respect. I would take six or so at a time stacked together and just do the edges, applying the oil with my fingers. Might try your method on the faces if I'm feeling particularly ambitious one day. Or if I'm incredibly bored.

Respect. I would take six or so at a time stacked together and just do the edges, applying the oil with my fingers. Might try your method on the faces if I'm feeling particularly ambitious one day. Or if I'm incredibly bored.
It's like a paint by numbers thing for me :)

I'm glad you asked this cuz I've been searching threads upon threads basically only to find people saying it works and people saying it doesn't. I'm gonna try and clean them up without oiling them. I'm afraid I'll put too much on them and leave them slippery so if I can make them look good without it that would be great. But down the road if I feel like they need it I might have to go ahead and do it.

Oiling your chips for the first time is a lot like having sex for the first time.

You don't really know how to do it but you have a vague idea about how things are supposed to go; it's messy and you'll feel a lot of shame afterwards but I promise you'll be hooked and you'll want to do it everyday after that. (y) :thumbsup:

Oiling your chips for the first time is a lot like having sex for the first time.

You don't really know how to do it but you have a vague idea about how things are supposed to go; it's messy and you'll feel a lot of shame afterwards but I promise you'll be hooked and you'll want to do it everyday after that. (y) :thumbsup:
I'm speechless but that sounds like an incredible comparison:LOL: :laugh:

A bit of a noob question, but what type of oil do u use? Mineral or baby oil?

Might oil my sample sets of majestics and Milano's, hopefully that will help me pick one over the other.

Might oil my sample sets of majestics and Milano's, hopefully that will help me pick one over the other.

I've only ever used mineral oil.

Really no noob questions. Everyone has to start somewhere. But ya mineral oil is the way to go. I'm sure someone out there has tried baby oil but never heard of it on here

Last edited:
I've only ever used mineral oil.
Baby oil is mineral oil with added fragrance. I use baby oil because the pharmacy I went to didn't have mineral oil so I bought a huge bottle of baby oil and have never run out.

The fragrance only stays on the chip for a day or so then becomes so faint as to be barely detectable so they are effectively equivalent.

Just check the baby oil ingredients. It should say two things: mineral oil and X where X is some added fragrance oil.

Baby oil would probably help with the smell of the chips anyway? Apparently they have quite a pong...

Baby oil would probably help with the smell of the chips anyway? Apparently they have quite a pong...
Yeah it does for a little while. But China is powerful and their smell... Resilient.

Ancient Chinese secret; how they get that smell in there.

Just dipped my in warm water with two spoons of oil . Waiting on the to dry to clean them and see finished product

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom