Shipping to germany (6 Viewers)

When you enter all the correct information online, their system will kick your form back several times, erasing the form each time, so you'll need to start over.
I really dont want to be rude, if it is please excuse me.
But could this be a what we call a layer 8 problem? Meaning it could be user caused issue?

I really dont want to be rude, if it is please excuse me.
But could this be a what we call a layer 8 problem? Meaning it could be user caused issue?
I can tell you've never visited a U.S. Post Office. (You are so lucky.)

No, I wish it were. It (eventually) takes the original info as correct, and even the USPS employees can't advise how to get it to go through on a first try.

Last edited:
No, I wish it were. It (eventually) takes the original info as correct, and even the USPS employees can't advise how to get it to go through on a first try.
Well then i would be annoyed too, there is nothing more annoying than a websites full of bugs..

USPS sux.
The only significant package I ever sent from Greece and got lost [Edit: maliciously vandalised and stolen] (on US soil) was through USPS. In their infamous Chicago hub.
Always use another provider.

I shipped a MFRB to Germany and it was $91.xx with $500 in insurance with USPS. The online customs form process was extremely annoying, but when I gave up on that and went into my local post office it was really simple. USPS updates and the time everything was taking made me a bit nervous with all of the horror stories around here, but everything went really well. Communication being great with the other party helped so I would be happy to do it again if comfortable with the recipient (despite most of y'all being serial murderers with chips I love ;)).

Remind me never to place an order with you, if that's the case — wouldn't want to bother you!
Yeah...I'm going to like...disagree
Besides TCR Jim, I have never had a better customer service then from @dennis63
We don't have to argue that international shipping is expensive, troublesome in more ways then one and (a little) more work on seller's end....because it is.

But it's not impossible nor is it equally risky like dropping you life savings in DODGE coin....99% goes without issue.
Only thing people can not overlook, is making a clear agreement went things go south.

If the above is covered and the seller is willing to go the extra foot...then you are golden.
If not...find yourself a chipping relay and be set for the future...plenty of members that are willing to help out when needed.

Big shout-out to all my relays...espec. @liftapint Mel & @kk405 Ken...you have saved me a lot of mullah in all those years

Some first hand info...for valuable cargo I use DHL Express (their biggest box).
I was quoted a price of +$450 for shipping (no tax or vat included)...same day I did the same shipment but asked a quote in Belgium...235 EUR (for 13 racks and 6 decks of cards). So always try from both ends.

Last edited:
Yeah...I'm going to like...disagree
Besides TCR Jim, I have never had a better customer service then from @dennis63
We don't have to argue that international shipping is expensive, troublesome in more ways then one and (a little) more work on seller's end....because it is.

But it's not impossible nor is it equally risky like dropping you life savings in DODGE coin....99% goes without issue.
Only thing people can not overlook, is making a clear agreement went things go south.

If the above is covered and the seller is willing to go the extra foot...then you are golden.
If not...find yourself a chipping relay and be set for the future...plenty of members that are willing to help out when needed.

Big shout-out to all my relays...espec. @liftapint Mel & @kk405 Ken...you have saved me a lot of mullah in all those years

Some first hand info...for valuable cargo I use DHL Express (their biggest box).
I was quoted a price of +$450 for shipping (no tax or vat included)...same day I did the same shipment but asked a quote in Belgium...235 EUR (for 13 racks and 6 decks of cards). So always try from both ends.
Completely appreciate / respect your opinion and have no doubt that his customer service is top notch.

However, between the above comment and his recent suggestion "to halt all chip sales to and from the Netherlands" until Poppin is arrested, I'm happy to take my business elsewhere.

Completely appreciate / respect your opinion and have no doubt that his customer service is top notch.

However, between the above comment and his recent suggestion "to halt all chip sales to and from the Netherlands" until Poppin is arrested, I'm happy to take my business elsewhere.
It wouldn't hurt not to judge based on 2 posts...check the rest of the KW forum for more insight.
Besides that...Dennis is running a business and when things go south, it's the seller that is SOL.
When you look at Jim, he has a healthy profit and can cover any issue without troubles.

Dennis is not making a dime on the chips and he is only trying to give the Key West theme a healty and long life.
When 1 shipment goes bad...he has no margin to make due besides from own pocket.
Still, when you want the chips...he will make it happen.

So...if you have real interest in Key West chips, sent him a PM and you'll be surprised to what extent Dennis will go to serve you right.
If not...no point in posting imho.

All good...just wanted point out there is more then one POV on this.

All good...just wanted point out there is more then one POV on this.
Completely appreciate that, dude.

I only posted what I posted because I think that the initial statement – "International shipping is always an issue..." – is just an inherently false and unhelpful statement.

If it was ALWAYS an issue, then nobody would bother doing it at all – especially those who act as designated reshippers for many people outside of the USA.

It frames it in such a way that makes it immediately off-putting to anyone considering shipping internationally, that's all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom