Shipping chips within the US any advice I can give to my non-chipper reshipper? (1 Viewer)

Mr_Y3RAC

Straight
Reaction score
Hi there,

A friend of mine will travel to the US very shortly and offered to bring me back my chips so that I don't have to pay shipping and worry about all of the fuzz. The only problem, he will visit a different state than the one where my reshipper lives. But, easy solution, he can just send the chips to my friend's holiday location.

What mail carrier would you guys recommend, USPS should work right?

Would you guys recommend any form of insurance for a package worth approximately $700-$800? If so, which kind of insurance?
If not, would you guys recommend a signature confirmation or anything similar?

Any help or tips are welcome,

Cheers,

your fellow chipper from Germany.

Hi Mr_Y3RAC,

How long will your friend be in the US? I recently made a US Postal Service flat rate box shipment in two boxes. One got to its destination in 3 days (what the USPS advertises.) The second box took 7 days to get to its destination. When I asked about the delay at the post office, they told me “Three days is only an estimate.”

if your friend is going to be here for 2 weeks or more, I would recommend USPS flat rate shipping. If he will be here a shorter period of time then I would recommend using an overnight service, although I am not familiar with these. You should be able to add insurance by paying extra to the seller - $700 worth of insurance costs $11.90 And includes signature confirmation.

There are many others who have much more experience shipping than I do, but I hope these suggestions help.

Mike

I recently shipped a 1500 package like this.

Then I completely encased the box in packaging tape.

PXL_20220218_104427322.jpg
PXL_20220218_104737006.jpg
PXL_20220218_104935467.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom