Sheltering In Place-Official Thread? (4 Viewers)

I'm holed up with a 4 year old, 2 year old, and wife who is 12 weeks pregnant. Also two labradores. After I run 6.5 miles on my treadmill tonight ill probably fall asleep and wake up to do it again tomorrow.

pfffff, try being holed up with 11 and 14 year old brothers, both doing the remote learning thing from different schools. My liquor cabinet is going to be BARE in 2 weeks, or I'll be in prison for murder.....
Pfffft. 16,15,13,11 here. 2 days of lock down and they are already dying. I might offer them a drink :eek:

FB_IMG_1584479049547.jpg

This is my second day working at home. Wow, I love it and never want to go back to work.

#introvertsunitebutseparatelyinourownhouses

Locked down the bunker on Friday, working from home for me is 95% like being in the office, just no mail to deal with, so other than loving no commute time not much different. I am having one major issue in that I gave up alcohol for Lent, and I am home with many, many bottles and cans that sing to me each day......

Bastards.

25.5 days to go.....

With the private equity firm on our floor, there are people in the offices, but the main doors are locked with a receptionist still there. I have this urge to mess up my hair and spread catchup on my face and claw at the door and yell “brains!!! To see what she does :)

Still going to work each day... We are prepping for COVID-19, but are told to come to work or use vacation time

Same here. In western NY.

EDIT: even those of us who have company laptops, are analysts and can easily (and occasionally do) work from home.

pfffff, try being holed up with 11 and 14 year old brothers, both doing the remote learning thing from different schools. My liquor cabinet is going to be BARE in 2 weeks, or I'll be in prison for murder.....
Thats... alot....of liquor....

I'm still going to work. Wife works part time in an emergency room. Got an email from my center's executive director that straight up said we don't have enough of PPE (masks, gowns, et al) for every patient that may be a rule out case or showing URI symptoms.

My wife is working next Friday (I work Monday-Friday) and we don't have coverage for my 1 year old son. I was told that I could not take any vacation or seminar time to cover child care, and that I have to work a day later on Saturday to make up the time.

Icing on the cake? If my wife goes to work and was exposed to a COVID-19 positive patient, both my son and I are to be isolated at home two weeks, which makes sense, but per NJ state regulations, I can only file for FLI (short term disability) if one of them tests positive and I'm the "caregiver" for them. Otherwise, I'm up the creek. Home with no pay, which is in no way legal, but it hasn't happened to anyone yet to see how it would work in action.

My job has (had) me traveling and working from home generally when I am not (wasnt).

Working from home was great, I got so much done and without the commute.

Now my wife is also working from home and my 5 and 7 year old kids are also home.

Working from home sucks now. Have to work until bed now because of all the interruptions during the day. :(

During my time in Saudi I’ve mostly referred to it as a prison sentence with light at the end of the tunnel. Then the more draconian measures have been in place for 3 weeks... You adapt...I guess having your freedom taken away by the government is an experience that will change your attitude about things. It’s an education. It makes you think about the idea that you really do not have rights. Your government can take them away any time they choose...just like Japanese Americans learned about 80 years ago

edit - or the native tribes in ‘Murcia, or Mexican Americans...

Last edited:
I’m so grateful for all the people who upload YouTube videos. My daughter and I made a Japanese style curry from scratch just for fun and it was delicious. So many videos that show you how to do stuff. Recently I’ve change the brakes on my wife’s Volvo, repaired the washing machine and made pretty damn good ramen all from YouTube.

Ghost Town - The Specials

This town, is coming like a ghost town
All the clubs have been closed down
This place, becoming like a ghost town
Bands won't play no more
too much fighting on the dance floor

Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town?
We danced and sang, and the music played in a de boomtown

This town's becoming like a ghost town
Why must the youth fight against themselves?
Government leaving the youth on the shelf
This place, is coming like a ghost town
No job to be found in this country
Can't go on no more
The people getting angry

My children's first online Karate class through Zoom. I'm seriously impressed that the instructor has set this up so quickly and has already got a regular schedule of classes going online. Small business owners doing stuff right! I wish their school district was 1/10th as proactive.

IMG_0276.JPG

My children's first online Karate class through Zoom. I'm seriously impressed that the instructor has set this up so quickly and has already got a regular schedule of classes going online. Small business owners doing stuff right! I wish their school district was 1/10th as proactive.

View attachment 425400
why aren't you in there with them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom